Its Getting Close!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
It's Getting Close!

Well, it's been a while since I've posted. Some of you are aware I had sinus surgery 5 days ago so please don't get on my case for getting out but this is the biggest event of the Christmas season.

Last night we had the Nashville Christmas Parade and our annual Open House at the Al Menah Shrine Center.
Here's some pics:

The first photo is of the Potentate's Float lit up for a night parade:

01 Potentate\'s Float.JPG

Here's the Motor Corps waiting to go:

02 Motor Corps.JPG

Another view while we were waiting:

03 Waiting to go.JPG

Of course, Sparky the Clown

04 Sparky.JPG

I made the van stop (I didn't drive this time) to get a picture of the Shelby Street Walking Bridge over the Cumberland River. LP Field, home of the Tennessee Titans is to the left:

05 Shelby Street Bridge.JPG

Here are 3 shots of the Open House at the Shrine Center. The majority of the decorations were donated to us by Gaylord Opryland Hotel. Took a lot of folks to set it up and all but it was worth it!

06 Open House 01.JPG

07 Open House 02.JPG

08 Open House 03.JPG

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Re: It's Getting Close!

Looks like a good time, Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Jason

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Looks like a great time indeed! Glad to see you are feeling a bit better!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great pics Wes,,, Thanks for sharing...
It looks like a good time had by all.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Now that is the way to get in the Holiday spirit! Glad you went, I might have given you heck..............But I'm really glad you went, part of healing is making your heart feel good too. Great job Wes, you folks do so much for the children. May this event make many children smile this Christmas! :thumbsup:

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Those decorations are beautiful.

You're awesome, Wesley. :thumbsup:

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70

Glad your feeling better Wes.
Looks like you had a great time, the pics are beautiful.

Mike

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang, I hate it when you write a nice post, thought you posted it, then find out it never did get posted! Anyway, Wes, nice that you got out so soon and I am sure you enjoyed the parade. Did not know you had surgery, but now that I do, a PM coming your way........

Don

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I didn't know you had surgery either I am assuming it went well since you were out having a fantastic time last night, thank-you for sharing the pics with us! I missed our city parade last night had a Christmas dinner for our club to go to also. Missed this earlier its been one of those days!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Cynangyl said:

You spoke too soon Cyn; I never should have gotten out in the cold. Breathing through my mouth aggrivated my throat where the breathing tube was so I stayed away from 3 parades today I was planning to ride along on.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Now that is the way to get in the Holiday spirit! Glad you went, I might have given you heck..............But I'm really glad you went, part of healing is making your heart feel good too. Great job Wes, you folks do so much for the children. May this event make many children smile this Christmas! :thumbsup:

Kimmie,

You should have given me more than heck! H..l would have been appropriate! But you're right; it was too much to pass up as this is the biggest parade and evening of the season for us!

wes

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Mona Lisa said:
Those decorations are beautiful.

You're awesome, Wesley. :thumbsup:

Santa Mona, you've embarrased me! :-[

But thanks for the compliment!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Don in SJ said:
Dang, I hate it when you write a nice post, thought you posted it, then find out it never did get posted! Anyway, Wes, nice that you got out so soon and I am sure you enjoyed the parade. Did not know you had surgery, but now that I do, a PM coming your way........

Don

Don, if I were still taking Lortab I could understand not understanding what you are talking about but since I'm not, I don't understand what post you're talking about! :tard:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

mental granny said:
I didn't know you had surgery either I am assuming it went well since you were out having a fantastic time last night, thank-you for sharing the pics with us! I missed our city parade last night had a Christmas dinner for our club to go to also. Missed this earlier its been one of those days!

Granny, I was out having a great time last night but paying for it today! Kimmie didn't get on my case and knock some sense into me!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

wesfrye53 said:
Cynangyl said:

You spoke too soon Cyn; I never should have gotten out in the cold. Breathing through my mouth aggrivated my throat where the breathing tube was so I stayed away from 3 parades today I was planning to ride along on.

:'( You need to take better care of yourself Dizz!! >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread