Thought you might like to see some space shuttle Endeavour pics

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Being in the Aerospace industry, I get to see this stuff often and thought I would share pics for you to enjoy of the space shuttle Endeavour when it was at Lockheed Martin in Ft Worth.

Enjoy! :D

First the C17,

C-17A06-6157NASA912a.jpg

The space shuttle Endeavour piggy-backing on a NASA 747

shuttle747landingFWNAS2a.jpg

shuttle747landingFWNAS3a.jpg

shuttle747landingFWNAS4a.jpg

shuttle747landingFWNAS5a.jpg

shuttle747landingFWNAS6a.jpg

shuttle747landingFWNAS7a.jpg

shuttle747landingFWNAS8a.jpg

shuttle747landingFWNAS9a.jpg

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Those pictures are unbelievable! Thanks for posting them up.

My buddies took pictures of the piggy-back here in town I think yesterday, what a cool thing to see.

Jason

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Wonder how much the shuttle messes with the plane's flying ability? I have always been curious about that...

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really great shots!!
Thanks so much for sharing them with us... :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
AeroMike

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
mastereagle22 said:
Wonder how much the shuttle messes with the plane's flying ability? I have always been curious about that...

Any time you have something attached to the exterior of an aircraft you create more resistance which equals drag. This is why the aft end of the space shuttle has a cover for less drag and you can see that the rear horizontal stabilizers (the tail wings) has added vertical stabilizers to them. This is so the pilot can have a better chance at control. I know we have polits here as members that could answer it a lot better then I could, lol ;D

I didn't take these pictures, If I did they all would be out of focus and the "subject" would not be centered, lol A friend took these and sent them to me. I need to dig around, I know I have pictures of the liftoff somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread