Roaming along the River

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That is a nice series of pics. Those zebra mussels were quite a problem here in the Great Lakes and the rivers making
up the St Lawrence Seaway brought in by the ocean freighters back in the 50's i think. That scull is pretty well
preserved by the looks of it. Interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
karenray08 said:
That is a nice series of pics. Those zebra mussels were quite a problem here in the Great Lakes and the rivers making
up the St Lawrence Seaway brought in by the ocean freighters back in the 50's i think. That scull is pretty well

Thanks for sharing.

Ray
That sure is a big logger head turtle skull, and a blue Herring is called a crane around here i think

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey looks like a beautiful day for you! Your right cant find many of those signs anymore. I'd keep the skull to but be careful C of E dosen't say you ate him ;D. You sure were able to get close to that dillo they either run or curl up I've never gotton that close to one that wasn't in captivity very cool. I think the only rabbits I've seen around here lately have been just cotton tails and drive out on the highway to see jacks, they use to be around the house all the time along with turtles theyd come from the train tracks across the sreet but not for years! Love your pics!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RON (PA) said:
Beautiful pictures Fossis. Thanks for posting. That is one big turtle Skull

R.I.P. Mr. Slowsky.

Thanks Ron, it is a 'big one'.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I you have a boat, there are many detecting opportunities along the banks of reservoirs. I use to have a small bass boat and remember seeing old abandoned houses and foundations as I was fishing. Many of them were on public land being in the flood plain for the lake but you could only get to them by water. Monty

I need a boat, I love to gather 'driftwood' also.
When I lived in Muskogee, I found an Indian head penny, several relic's, along the Grand river before it hit the AR.

Fossis................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
karenray08 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

They got 'zapped' here one summer it got so hot they died in droves, not sure how bad they are now.
Yes, the skull is in good shape.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ink-a-alot said:
karenray08 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Ray
That sure is a big logger head turtle skull, and a blue Herring is called a crane around here i think
We call them 'cranes' too. :thumbsup: , just used the term 'Blue Heron' for the city folks.

Fossis...............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Hey looks like a beautiful day for you! Your right cant find many of those signs anymore. I'd keep the skull to but be careful C of E dosen't say you ate him ;D. You sure were able to get close to that dillo they either run or curl up I've never gotton that close to one that wasn't in captivity very cool. I think the only rabbits I've seen around here lately have been just cotton tails and drive out on the highway to see jacks, they use to be around the house all the time along with turtles theyd come from the train tracks across the sreet but not for years! Love your pics!

Thanks Evy, if not for 'chunking rocks' past him he wouldn't have gotten this close.
I haven't seen a 'Black tailed Jack' myself, but they are supposed to be moving in.

Carl..............

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool tour :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread