fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks good, (sorry you paid more), that's the way I usually do.

Fossis..........

OP
OP
roswellborn

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
fossis said:
That looks good, (sorry you paid more), that's the way I usually do.

Fossis..........

Ah, that's just the way things go.

I tell ya, I nearly went off the road when I saw it. I actually turned around and parked in the Midas lot to take that picture. I don't even remember how long ago it was since I last saw that price! I just couldn't believe it. Crazy.

HH
Nan

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
It's been interesting how the price for gas will differ around the city. When gas was above $4.00 gal. just about every station in town (Salt Lake City) was within 3 cents of each other. Now I can drive 20 blocks and see as much as 20 cents difference. Makes one doubt the stories they tell you how and who sets the price on a gallon of gas. ??? I paid $1.32 a few days ago.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
enjoy it while it lasts. i heard on the news last night that it will be back to at least $3 a gallon by july. ::)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Wow, I have never seen gas that low. The lowest that I can remember is $1.25/gallon. Sorry you paid more per gallon. That is my luck too.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
That is a good price. Always seems like it drops after you fill up, but if you wait till you have to, then it will go up, LOL. The price here Is $1.56 and $1.58. Since your's is down, maybe our's will go down, too. But I won't hold my
breath on that. LOL

Ray

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope it stays there too. But you know OPEC and now, the "Isreali War" panic is trying to jack it up again. They miss selling oil for 150 bucks a barrel.......... poor, greedy &%$#@(*& >:( :icon_pirat:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gas here is $1.49 a gallon everybody here complains about it since we have an oil field 4 blocks from downtown! We are the highest around and sometimes highest in the state!

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
WOW that is a good price,1.59 in Iowa. Roswellborn,Does that mean Roswell NewMexico. If so I was stationed at White Sand Proving Grounds when in the Army in 1954. Near Las Cruses New Mexico I remember Roswell being near there.
Van

S

seger98

Gas here in sorthern Alabama is around $1.56, but there is one station holding out for a $1.85 :icon_scratch:

Crazy!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kills me is looking at the giant storage tanks here. One day it's $3.00 a gallon then a couple days later it's $1.49 Wish I could buy a few thousand units at 10 cents per & sell them for $10 per, then sell the last 500 at $100.

Anyone here old enough to remember 55 cents a gallon & 35 cent cigarettes?

OP
OP
roswellborn

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
hollowpointred said:
enjoy it while it lasts. i heard on the news last night that it will be back to at least $3 a gallon by july. ::)

:'( I remember back in the 70's some people installed their own tanks in the back yard - doesn't sound so silly now. :'(

RON (PA) said:
Wow, I have never seen gas that low. The lowest that I can remember is $1.25/gallon. Sorry you paid more per gallon. That is my luck too.

When we moved from Denver to St Louis, gas was around 52-58¢ a gallon. And we griped about it then, too :D Boy, if we'd only known then...!

Ray, I'm crossin' my fingers for you. And hoping I need to fill up again before that price goes back up. Sheesh

Granny - it's like the cobbler's kids never had shoes, y'know? All the cobbler's efforts went to bringin' in other folkses money.

VanGone - Friends in Des Moines were keeping me up to date on their prices, & usually, Iowa has been 3-20¢ cheaper than here - until lately. And yes, it's that Roswell... lol I was a lot younger then ROFL (But then, weren't we all?) 1954 is the year we moved from Roswell to Midland Texas, then later, on to Odessa.

boogeyman said:

Shoot, I even remember 35¢ a gallon. And someone in the Army or Air Force could get smokes at 27¢ a pack.

Omigawd - I sound like my PARENTS!

But I'm with the rest of you; it makes no sense, it's crazy, nuts and everything else that gas prices vary so much even in the same town. I'm ready to ride a bicycle again. Honestly!

Nan

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Nan, you say you moved to Midland in 1954, that was the same yeat that my family moved from the upper peninsula of Mich.
down here to the Port Huron area. Gas wars from Detroit were working their way to this area. Bought my first car in 56
and gas was 28 and 30 cents a gal. It dropped to it's lowest at 18cents about a year later for a short time. then for a long time it fluxuated around 30 cents. Don't remember when I started noticing Diesel fuel but it was then and up until recently was cheaper than gas.
My sister lived in Midland and in Odssa during the 70's.

Happy New Year,

Ray

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
boogeyman said:
What kills me is looking at the giant storage tanks here. One day it's $3.00 a gallon then a couple days later it's $1.49 Wish I could buy a few thousand units at 10 cents per & sell them for $10 per, then sell the last 500 at $100.

I remember paying 18 cents a gal. for reg and 15 cents for a pack of smokes.
Back in the late 50's early 60's.
Joe

frostytiger

Mar 16, 2007
SE Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm III
I remember in '70 & '71 working in a service station and the gas wars had us down to 17 cents per gallon. I could fill up the old jalopey for 2 bucks and be on my way, LOL, those were the days. :o

Frosty

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Our gasoline price jumped 20-24 cents over the weekend. $1.85 is the lowest in my area.

I used to trade a carton of empty pop bottles for a pack of cigarettes, or get enough gas to run my dirt bike for a week. Gas was 38 cents per gallon (on the high side, cheaper in town), cigs 35 cents.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
1.85 gallon here and rising fast. 2 days ago it was only 1.45 gallon.....NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread