• mountain pic\'s 001.JPG
    mountain pic\'s 001.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 320

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
fossis...

Your pictures are always wonderful! I envy the amount of time you have spent exploring God's country!

Great photos as always!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
fossis...

Your pictures are always wonderful! I envy the amount of time you have spent exploring God's country!

Great photos as always!

Thanks Jim, I never get enough.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Those are some neat waterfall pictures!

Thanks, those were the 'small ones', we didn't have time to hike down to see the 'large ones',
will post them later.

Fossis...............

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pics. he got some wild animals up there?

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
nice pics. he got some wild animals up there?

Thanks aa, there are mountain lions, wild hogs, & bears, (shotgun just in case). :thumbsup:

Fossis................

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
I love going to the Ozarks camping. We go to a place called Gunners pool outside Mt. View Ar. It's a no frill park. No electricity, no bathrooms and a outside spigot for running water. You bathe in the creek ;D. It is a little chilly even on hot summer days ;D. I've been going there since I was a young chick. It doesn't get any better than that. I take my grandkids too and fish and cook on the fire.I'm teaching them the old ways like it was taught to me.I get a lot of strange looks because hubby doesn't like to camp,so just me and my sister go.I'm the middle child of 5 girls ;D and I was the tom-boy ;D
I used to go trapping and fishing w/ grampa before I was school aged......We were taught how to plant and take care of a family from scratch. I learned to sew on a treadle Singer sewing machine.To make biscuits on a camp fire and hunt kill and clean a rabbit or squirrel for supper.
I now live on Crowley's Ridge. We have old stage coach stops and Confederate camp grounds here.The old Military road goes right through a friend private property. Thats where the stage coach stop is ;D. Come spring thats where I'll be.There is a cellar hole and a trash dump there. There is also a old homestead there on a hill.The army camped not far from there. I live in Harrisburg Ar, the history goes back a long way and I can't wait to start digging through it. The folks around here are very friendly and my husbands family have been here a long time. It helps when looking for history in an old town.
Lovely pictures and good hunting. zztop

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zztop357 said:
I love going to the Ozarks camping. We go to a place called Gunners pool outside Mt. View Ar. It's a no frill park. No electricity, no bathrooms and a outside spigot for running water. You bathe in the creek ;D. It is a little chilly even on hot summer days ;D. I've been going there since I was a young chick. It doesn't get any better than that. I take my grandkids too and fish and cook on the fire.I'm teaching them the old ways like it was taught to me.I get a lot of strange looks because hubby doesn't like to camp,so just me and my sister go.I'm the middle child of 5 girls ;D and I was the tom-boy ;D
I used to go trapping and fishing w/ grampa before I was school aged......We were taught how to plant and take care of a family from scratch. I learned to sew on a treadle Singer sewing machine.To make biscuits on a camp fire and hunt kill and clean a rabbit or squirrel for supper.
I now live on Crowley's Ridge. We have old stage coach stops and Confederate camp grounds here.The old Military road goes right through a friend private property. Thats where the stage coach stop is ;D. Come spring thats where I'll be.There is a cellar hole and a trash dump there. There is also a old homestead there on a hill.The army camped not far from there. I live in Harrisburg Ar, the history goes back a long way and I can't wait to start digging through it. The folks around here are very friendly and my husbands family have been here a long time. It helps when looking for history in an old town.
Lovely pictures and good hunting. zztop

Thanks, you are of 'a like mind', when it comes to the 'Great outdoors', I grew up on a 40 acre farm, located right against the 'Ouachita Natrional Forest' in AR, we swam in the rivers, had 'hay rides', hunted, fished, worked a garden, canned our food & jelly from 'fresh picked berries' & muscadines, raised our own animals for food & eggs.
In this 'day & age', those skills could come in mighty handy.
We are 'blessed' with old home sites, Indian Artifact sites, & fossil hunting sites in this area, plus exploring the mts & valleys.

HH, Fossis.............

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
lovely scenery Fossis. :thumbsup:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Pics,
I also am a Outdoorsman that Loves following the beauty of Mother Nature.

Nova Treasure

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Love that country you're in. That Is a good life that you and zztop describe here. I have had a taste of it and know how
it can be in your blood for the wilderness areas with peace and quiet and the beauty of Mother Nature.

Thanks for sharing,

Ray

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eu_citzen said:
lovely scenery Fossis. :thumbsup:

Thanks, we are 'blessed' with lots of scenery in this area.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova treasure said:
Great Pics,
I also am a Outdoorsman that Loves following the beauty of Mother Nature.

Nova Treasure

I can go out 'any given day', & find something in Nature to photograph or collect or just admire.
It's a Wonderful experience.

Fossis.................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muleskinner said:
Fossis;
Please keep em coming, you have a great eye for your surroundings.

I sure will, & thanks.

Fossis.................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread