NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
These pics were taken with my old camera it was only 3.2 mp's. Too bad she's no longer with us to experience the new camera. I still want to get another hairy dog that leaves red "dust bunnies" everywhere ;D. her grandparents were world champs in obedience, field trials, companionship, I don't currently have any digital pics of her when she wa a youngster, but I will when I scan my old 35mm pics. We got her soon after she was weened. She was such a good dog that when I tossed a brick into a lake , she would swim out and see it on the bottom, dive down and bring it back to ya. The only hunting she ever done was when I would take her detecting with me, she actually caught a couple crows. A couple times she actually helped me dig deep targets. In the one pic, she has a couple blades of grass stuck to her nose, she was going cross-eyed focussing on it ;D..........NGE P.S. Her name was Sadie Louise

Attachments

• 14 years old.jpg
    14 years old.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Sadie.jpg
    Sadie.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 308
  • Tired Golden.jpg
    Tired Golden.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 307
  • what\'s that on my nose.jpg
    what\'s that on my nose.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 304
S

seger98

Sorry to hear she's no longer with ya, but she still is! And I know how you feel, my best friend is (was) my avitar!

K

KirkTN

I Love Dogs. I'm sorry yo lost her. I still think about all the ones I've had.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've known several people with goldens as companions and they've all been great. Yours sounds like the tops, sorry shes no longer with you.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm so sorry for your loss! she looks like a gentle giant! My wife and I have a rescue dog ourselves, she was scheduled to be euthanized. now she has a good life. She loves to go detecting with me as well! all I have to say is the word "treasure?" and she spazes out!!! Take care..mike

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful partner. Sorry she's gone. That's why I no longer have one.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss.She looks a gentle dog. Thats the only downfall to having pets, breaks your heart to lose them.
Thats why I have a couple of Parrots, prolly outlive me.

Molly.

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
It's got to be hard to lose such a good friend. I have a red Golden, she is only two, and I enjoy every day I have with her.

Mike

Attachments

• lexi.jpg
    lexi.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 263
OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The hardest part of losing my companion was, staying in the room with her as she went to sleep. Yes, she did kiss me before she went to sleep. It was my wife's idea, she said it was better than just leaving her alone. I will NEVER do that again! :'(.........NGE

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may not have done the right thing for you, but you did for your dog, she wasn't alone, thats the important part. Just try to think of the good times.
I know how you feel, I had to hold my kitten while he was put to sleep, darn near killed me. But I really try hard to put that part past me & think of the good times we had.

Molly. Its so sad..

P

pippinwhitepaws

there is a special place in heaven for good dogs.

i buried pippin up on the animas river in colorado...in 98...i still hold the damn door open a bit longer than it takes a human to make it through.

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry about your lost I know you can really get attached they are always there for you no matter what just remember all of the good times I have a picture of my 2 posted here under 2 spoiled dogs on Dec 25th Sophie the lab is 9 having some health problems I know I am going to have a real hard time when her time comes she has been my best buddy the other one is Tika a labradoodle 1and ahalf yrs old :)

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, NGE,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I can tell by looking at her eyes that she was a good and loving dog. I know how you
feel about loosing such a good buddy. Had to have my long haired black lab put down after having her 14 1/2 years. It's been 2 years now but i still miss her. Have always loved dogs and she was tops.

I also believe that good dogs will go to heaven. Sadie will be in your heart forever the same as Tasha will always be in mine.

Ray

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
When Sadie was 9 years old, the vet tols us that we were pushing it for her to be in good health, as most large breeds don't live much past 8 or 9 years old. I told the vet that, that was because she has a good veterinarian doctor. Sadie never ever tangled with a striped kitty, she was too smart.... ;D. Has caught and dispatched many tree rats, she used to catch mice and bring them in the house and play with them, almost like she was a cat, she would play till they didn't move anymore, then she wanted outside, she actually would bury those things ;D.........NGE

DanBo

Jan 7, 2009
Red Bluff, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the loss. My current dog is a yellow lab, but growing up we had a golden retriever name "rouge". She was with us from the time I was about 8 until I was in my late 20s. They are most loyal and truly do become a member of the family. I got the lab because my girlfriend wanted it. I must say..... she is a great do too, but won't compare to rouge. Good luck getting the red hair balls back. Wish you well with that. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread