home sweet home

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
i know springfield pretty well. but not bond street. i spent a year working on the memorial bridge 18 months working on tower square. several years at riverside park building superman , batman, and several other rides, and many days at my sons hockey games at several arenas nearby there. and i visited the armoury once.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad worked at the Springfield Armory for awhile - and my uncle did for a long time.

Born in Springfield (Mercy), baptized at Mt. Carmel - spent many hours at Riverside Park and Forest Park. One of my brother's lives in West Springfield now. Spent 5 years in an orphanage there (Brightside-then I was adopted).

We still go there once in awhile to the Eastern States Exposition. (my sister worked there every year except last year). And, my sister who has terminal cancer moved there from New Mexico last year, because their medical help is much better than the non-existent system in New Mexico (non-existent for citizens or non-native americans).

About a year and a half, or 2 years ago, my brother saw a house for sale that looked a lot like the one you are re-habing. Not so lucky for him, he does not have the same skills that you obviously do for working on those types of things. He's a great painter, but he would have had to have everything else hired out. He sent me pictures, and it really did look a lot like the house you posted.

It brought back some memories!

B

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great photo journal you got going there. I've been through the same thing with our house (photo attached) and I sure don't envy you. You'll be happy when it's finished though.

One question though...do you have any time to MD?

ConstructionPictures11-23-050111.jpg

IMG_21731.jpg

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
wheres your picture? no not much time for detecting. but i did dig my first silver dime at this house. after digging almost two hundred clad . houses date to 1888. if i can get past all the trash in the yard hopefully ill find good coins.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the two photos not showing up on my post?

OP
OP
kiddrock33

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
yeah they showed up i just didnt wait till it fully loaded. that is an awesome house you have there. it appears very well built.and original windows. looks like its got old wavey glass.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a lot of hard work but, so worth it when your done I really like the pics! I told Jeff to look at the BR door pics and had to laugh and tell him that is something he would do!

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of those solutions the previous owner came up with look like some things some of my kinfolk would come up with.If that were a moonshine still in the basement I would swear that it was some of my kin :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread