The only way to cook a lobster

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
COUNTRY GIRL said:
I do beg to differ politely. I have cooked many a lobster in my lifetime, I can NOT stick a lobster in a pot of boiling water head first and have it start kicking, screaming, and back pedaling out of the pot. The grill is up to temprature, set the lobster on the hot grill close the cover and it never moves or screams.

My first experience with lobster many years ago was a lobster dumped in boiling water and he was not impressed. I could not eat it for many years, once I could, I could not cook it. So in my humble opinion it is the best way for the mess, the smell and the lobster.

Thanks for the comment.

I can respect your answer for the smell and clean up, but i still have an issue with the grill cooking -takes to long to kill it-
--the lobster in boiling water dies instantly- the movement is just reflex's and as far as the screaming that only happens when they are put in the water tail first.

Your friend in lobster eating,

Cachefinder-

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There USE to be a restraunt here that I ordered lobster and they brought me out shallots in a dish boy was I steamed ! You noticed I said USE to be! I will eat almost any thing so long as its cooked well or at least try it! I couldn't shoot a deer with any thing more that a camera unless I was starving then I could but I will always eat deer! In fact I got a roast in freezer I just found and lost again a good reciepe for it!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Don, Pretty cold to be cooking on the grill daily, might get frost bit. :-\ So how long does it take to cook a turkey on the grill?

Road, One of my problems with cooking a lobster is they are still alive. :-[ So sticking them in a pot of boiling water and having them fight you really turns my stomach. SO splitting them down the middle would be a job for the boys, just couldn't bring myself to do it. :-[ I have had it cooked that way though, comes out yummy.

Trish they may have had to use the anchor line for this one. :D

Ron, Maine lobster is some of the best! Some people will take the time and get all the tiny morsels out of the head area, not me. I know of some that think the green and red stuff in there is a delicacy, not me. Just give me the meat with lots of butter! :thumbsup:

Savant, Well you asked for the torture..........That big boy actually came with fillet Mignon, a couple pounds of shrimp, champagne, a lb of butter, cocktail sauce, and fresh lemon. Sorry no more pictures we ate it all! ;D

Fossis, It was yummy!

I just ate the easy parts. The head?? I don't think I tried that. That was my first time so not a pro at getting your moneys worth. That Warrens place has been around since the 40's, I believe. They were very busy. Their sald bar was great :thumbsup:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Oh gosh!
I hope this doesn't turn into a vegan attack zone.

It's a bug.

Wonderful we have progressed to a point where some can be selective regarding what they chose to eat.
How nice.

Best
rmptr

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually prefer smaller ones..... but I could have a go at that one. Bring on the butter (or the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.... you know... cholesterol and all). ::)

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Rmptr, :wink:

Granny, Throw it in a crock pot with some lipton onion soup mix, some taters and onions, and your good to go!

Rw, Live it up go for the real butter, and lots of it. :D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, CG, wow, that is a big one the way he covers the full length of the grill. For some reason, I thought lobsters had one large claw and one small one. In the box that one has two large claws. Guess I was way off thinking that. LOL.
Although I've seen it on some menues, I have never tasted lobster. But it must be pretty good the way some folks talk about it. Glad you had a use for your grill even with snow on the ground. LOL Over at my brother-in-law's last
Sunday we cooked chicken on the grill. There was over a foot of snow on the deck where the grill sets and the temp.
was 12 degrees but it came out good. That was a fun day too.

Ray

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Ray, You have got to try lobster sometime, make sure to get plenty of drawn butter. I love cooking on the grill even in the winter, but I much preffer cooking when it's warm and you can sit on the deck and watch the sun set. This time of year you have to cook supper in the cold and dark. Is it Spring yet? :D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip I usually soak some meats in salt water over night but, was told not to on a roast?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking lobster! I was on a trip back East for the last 2 weeks and the snow didn't stop us either. We had to settle for steak. ;D

Attachments

• barbe.jpg
    barbe.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 304

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Kimmie,

I thought you told me you were gonna bring Free Willy to my house to demonstrate how to cook lobster :'(

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In real life I am a classically trained chef. Spent some time in Boston and europe training. Currently live 30 feet from the Chesapeake Bay. If you dont want boil/steam the live critter. Turn the lobby on its back an simply plunge an 8 - 10 inch chef knife between its "whiskers." Make sure you do this quickly and aggressively to go completly through the brain. This will kill the lobster quickly and humanely. Warning if you do this you must grill or broil the lobster, you cannot steam or boil it. Let the feast begin! And yes Clarisse it goes very well with lamb :wink:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PB that pic is just cruel and inhuman thing to do to someone that is starved and broke I cant get to the store to buy any steaks >:( ;D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Packer, Silly man where are your boots? No sneakers in this weather! I'm so sick of boots! :tongue3: Nice looking steaks.

Wes, I did cook it for you! :wink:

Thanks for the info Dad.

Granny, did you cook that roast yet? If a crock pot isn't an option...............same ingredients, just crank the oven up to 500 for 15-20 min. after spicing the roast. Turn it down to the lowest setting on your oven for several hours (depends on the size of the roast the time) , melts in your mouth. HONEST!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its still in the frezzer I would rather if I am home oven roast and not crock pot, maybe this weekend! Thanks!

narragansett

Jun 14, 2007
Rhode island
Detector(s) used
None yet
That is one good thing about living in Rhode Island. The lobster is fantastic and we go right down to the docks when the boats come in and buy them. Lobster, Chowder, Steamers, stuffed Quahogs, Corn and bring on the Summer.

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is got to be the biggest lobster I have ever seen. I personally don't care for the taste of lobster but have always wondered that if it is boiled in crawfish boil if it would taste like crawfish. Being from south Louisiana, crawfish are in danger if they get within 100 feet of me. Looks like you enjoyed your God given right to eat the critter.

john

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
capt1989 said:
That is got to be the biggest lobster I have ever seen. I personally don't care for the taste of lobster but have always wondered that if it is boiled in crawfish boil if it would taste like crawfish. Being from south Louisiana, crawfish are in danger if they get within 100 feet of me. Looks like you enjoyed your God given right to eat the critter.

john

:thumbsup: John, I love to eat them mudbugs

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread