OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some mountains across from the Salt Flats in Utah, some snowmobiles riding the river behind another brother's in Wisconsin. Last one is snow in California mountains

Attachments

• SALT.jpg
    SALT.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 245
  • dees.jpg
    dees.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 245
  • susan.jpg
    susan.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 247
S

seger98

Didn't know winter could be so pretty! Thanks for sharing & good luck to your brother!

Chris

P

pippinwhitepaws

lol,
i was reading and just could not figure out how utah became part of the midwest...lol...saw that pic...how in the heck did that mountain move to the plains...?

nice drive from northern calif...well, untill you pass the rockies... :tongue3:

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He can use all the prayers you can muster up Granny. He had quit taking his chemo treatments and was giving up. He lost a LOT of weight. He has since gained 2 lbs back and started chemo again yesterday. We are not drug users in my family but, the reason I drove back instead of flying is, I took him a good supply of marijuana to maybe make the chemo a little easier on him. His doctor said he was a good candidate for its use but wasn't sure about the laws in Wisconsin. I applied California law and hit the road. :wink:

P

pippinwhitepaws

sending prayers.

takes a good person to put that many miles under them to help some one who is ill. :angel5:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shots. Thanks for sharing. I especially like the shots titled fence and salt. Best wishes to your brother.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Great pics.That northern CA is beautiful.Sorry to hear about the reason for the trip at this time.Sending prayers for comfort and understanding for all concerned.God Bless.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Beautiful pictures,Thanks for sharing them, Where bouts in Iowa were you,I'm from Iowa. It has been a rough Winter so far with record temperatures!Our prayers go out for your Brother to get better.
Van

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought of you when I went through van, also thought about bean man and a few others here. I came out I-80 to near Des Moines and then went North on I-35 clear up to near the Minnesota border. I did end up going to Spring Grove, MN but then dropped back down about 5 miles into Iowa. Then I went North again to I-90 and across the Mississippi into La Crosse, WI and then a little further East into Wisconsin. When I was near Omaha, NE the temp (not counting wind chill) was -30. Got to my brothers and it was -20. My windshield washer fluid froze up on me on the way out in Nebraska and didn't start working again 'til I came back and was West of Salt Lake City again about 2 weeks later.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures, good luck to your Brother.

Fossis...............

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
packerbacker said:
Thought of you when I went through van, also thought about bean man and a few others here. I came out I-80 to near Des Moines and then went North on I-35 clear up to near the Minnesota border. I did end up going to Spring Grove, MN but then dropped back down about 5 miles into Iowa. Then I went North again to I-90 and across the Mississippi into La Crosse, WI and then a little further East into Wisconsin. When I was near Omaha, NE the temp (not counting wind chill) was -30. Got to my brothers and it was -20. My windshield washer fluid froze up on me on the way out in Nebraska and didn't start working again 'til I came back and was West of Salt Lake City again about 2 weeks later.
You were about a 120 miles from me,but I think Beanman lives in the DesMoines area, sounds like a great trip
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread