• general storew.JPG
    general storew.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 346

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really enjoyed the photos, Pipp... I love the different views our country has to offer!
Did you happen to detect around that general store???

Bran <><

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

the ruins are on the navajo rez...big trouble pulling a detector out...

:icon_pirat:
tons of old spikes and rail and nails and bottle shards...on top of sinagua ruins and post-contact sites.
rumor is mr wolf, creator of the trading post at the site, buried his stash along his fence line...some gold coins...about 50 thousand is what i read...wow...i go out as often as possible...i am afraid the original trading post is several mile north of this location.

the sante fe R&R stalled at diablo canyon...took a year to bridge the canyon...

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

well gearhead...
i am a lot more fun in person...or more aggravating... :icon_scratch:
stop by, i am sure i know some long hairs we can go make fun of...but then we have to go pester the rednecks too...equal opportunity
:coffee2:

when people post ocean pics...or some of that big flatland...i have little attacks of vertigo.

S

seger98

Been out to Arizona for several winters, what highway is that off of that you took the pictures? Pretty nice photo's, thanks for sharing.

Chris

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

route 66...I-40
near meteor crater.

S

seger98

pippinwhitepaws said:
route 66...I-40
near meteor crater.

Thanks pippin, I can't believe I haven't run across them. But I'm usually just driving through in that area.

Chris

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

it sure is a tiresome piece of interstate through there...til window rock...

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

sorry, they call it a trading post...but then the rail road came through and built a town...with a general store. there are two cisterns...one south, one north behind what i am calling the general store...but others call the trading post...i have a theory on where the trading post is...and will check it out when i can...
there are rock walls, sheep pens, horse stalls, dip trough, old bridge foundations...these are the pics i liked...

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

huummm..why did the page layout change? or is it just me?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
huummm..why did the page layout change? or is it just me?
That is weird? I tried removing my post, thinking maybe that was the cause... but it's still messed up?
Sorry Pipp...

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH, wait... I think Marc must have changed the layout. Now there's an modify button in the middle of my post box, and it allows you to edit your posts on the thread screen! Huh, new stuff! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat photos live to see other places to bad it was land that you can not detect...Matt

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Ha! Ha!

From a western perspective... that's kinda funny...

"How do you know that's a general store?"

Ain't much around for miles upon miles in many parts of the west.
Could be days of travel, if afoot or horseback.

General store, stage stop, trading post... for all intent a purposes, here, it's all the same.

There ain't nuthin' around here anywhere near this place, so this must be the place.

Just hot n dry... a buncha low scrub. might see a coyote off in the distance one day, or scare up a rabbit.
Then comes a gully washer!

It's never a bad idea to tell someone which direction you're headed... and when they might expect to see you.

rmptr

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

excuse me...canyon diablo... ???
some people on this site sure love to fuss...i don't know it all, but i will share the portion i do...
i am going for a walk. suns out, no wind...

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Pip thanks for sharing these too I saw the other post 1st you sure have some purty sights there! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread