Fossis...........

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nice shot!

I've only seem them 3 times in my life;
and all 3 times were in Maine.
The last time we saw 3 being harrassed by crows!
Boy,,,,,,I WISH I had a shot of that,,,,,but it happened so fast.

P

pippinwhitepaws

i have had eagles come sit by me... 8) first time i was up by the snow bowl...reading in the front seat of a volkswagen van..hippified...
i hear all these cars stopping...people getting excited about something...i finally get out of the van..what the heck? my sheltie doggin..pippin, is under the front of the bus, hiding behind the wheel????? she wasn't that shy...i turn to look to see what the people are looking at...about 25 cameras pointed my way???...so being a paranoid hippie, i start looking for a SWAT team or aliens...
directly above my head...on the branch 10ft. above the ground...is the this big old symbol of freedom. :o
trying to eat my dog...
i was sitting in the forest one day...under some pines...eagle swoops...woooosh...lands on the lowest branch of the tree i am sitting under...i can reach and take a tail feather...way native american moment...
then last fall..driving into flagstaff one morning...snowin, almost whiteout...do i really need to drive...out of the corner of my eye...as i reach the end of the on ramp...checking the mirror for traffic...here is this big old eagle...pacing me his wingtips almost touching the drivers window...he peeled off the air currents caused by my car...set in a tree in the meridian...

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
.so being a paranoid hippie, i start looking for a SWAT team or aliens...
directly above my head...on the branch 10ft. above the ground...is the this big old symbol of freedom. Shocked
trying to eat my dog...
i was sitting in the forest one day...under some pines...eagle swoops...woooosh...lands on the lowest branch of the tree i am sitting under...i can reach and take a tail feather...way native american moment...

pippin, I'll bet you are a blast to hang around with in real time. Did you get a tail feather or did common sense prevail?

The last time we saw 3 being harrassed by crows!
Boy,,,,,,I WISH I had a shot of that,,,,,but it happened so fast.

I saw in the distance one time, in Darrow, La. while at work, what I thought were some black birds harassing a crow in the top a big pecan tree. When the "crow" took off, I realized it was an eagle and the smaller birds were in fact crows. It was the first eagle I had ever seen in real life and was very impressed with the size. Now I see them all the time on the Illinois, Arkansas, and upper Mississippi rivers. Watching them swoop down and catch fish is the neatest thing!

john

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Pipp we all know you are special but, to have eagles comming that close you are specail to them or person they are wanting to send a message to! Like a vision quest! That is really great.

The nearest I have been to one was St. Louis at Grants farm they had one on a workers arm we could come up to about 3 ft away, at the time I knew they were big but being that close was a great feeling of awe I just hsd no idea. They also had a Golden eagle and an owl! It was amazing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions