old bottle

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
went for a beach walk friday and found a hat and bottle.i dont keep hats but this one hit home.my friend was killed about a week ago in a car accident.thursday was the funeral.his name was martin mcnutt.thought that was strange finding a hat with his name on it.

Attachments

• DSC04514.JPG
    DSC04514.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 272

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was strange, sorry about your friend.

Fossis................

S

seger98

That's a real neat bottle, I think I'd hang on to that hat!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Steve, That's quite a story. That is awesome, finding the hat with the same name as your friend so soon after
losing him. I agree with seger98, I'd keep the hat. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Ray

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the bottle. And sorry about your loss I would keep the hat maybe he was just letting you know hes around.

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
Mental Granny said:
Love the bottle. And sorry about your loss I would keep the hat maybe he was just letting you know hes around.
maybe he's letting me know it was alright i didnt make it to his funeral.i've been to too many funerals at my young age of 37.now my last memory of him was we were drinking a few beers at a local bar having a good time.way better than seeing him at his funeral with everybody crying.wish i'd have missed more funerals so i dont have a last memory of them dying or in there coffin.my father as well.my family bugged me to go see my father in the hospital i was not wanting to go.i went to see him at the hospital,he was just there lost laying in bed.now my last memories are of that.maybe that sounds selfish but i'd rather have the memory of him and i at his house BBQing and having a good time as a last memory.sorry for rambeling just missing my father.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe he's letting me know it was alright i didnt make it to his funeral.i've been to too many funerals at my young age of 37.now my last memory of him was we were drinking a few beers at a local bar having a good time.way better than seeing him at his funeral with everybody crying.wish i'd have missed more funerals so i dont have a last memory of them dying or in there coffin.my father as well.my family bugged me to go see my father in the hospital i was not wanting to go.i went to see him at the hospital,he was just there lost laying in bed.now my last memories are of that.maybe that sounds selfish but i'd rather have the memory of him and i at his house BBQing and having a good time as a last memory.sorry for rambeling just missing my father.
[/quote]

I know of which you speak, let no one judge you. Sorry for your loss.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Just keep trying for those memorys of the cookouts and other tings like that with your dad! They will bring a smile to your face!

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your friend. I would have kept the hat too. That is a strange coincidence.

The bottle looks to be pretty old. What does it say on the bottle and what does the bottom look like?

Glenn

OP
OP
steve71

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
Glenn-RI said:
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your friend. I would have kept the hat too. That is a strange coincidence.

The bottle looks to be pretty old. What does it say on the bottle and what does the bottom look like?

Glenn
says victoria bottling works l.f.jecker prop p victoria texas with the bottom like a hexagon but with 10 sides

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Hi Steve,

You may want to post the bottle in the "bottle and glass" section. It would probably be seen by more bottle experts.

Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread