Haunted house on the outskirts of town.

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
This place is haunted, supposedly, it's actually documented as such. The locals have reported strange sulfur like smells, unexplained noises, and an apparition of a woman in white has been seen on several different occasions. So I was curious and decided to investigate. I walked around the property snapped a couple of pics, and started getting some bad vibes. I didn't smell anything or hear anything unusual, I just had the feeling I was being watched, pretty creepy.

Attachments

• DSC00333.jpg
    DSC00333.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 402
S

seger98

Cool looking place, maybe the strange smell is someone in there with a meth lab?

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky looking place for sure...hmmm....I'm sure I might have smelled something.....anyone got a change of clothes.. :icon_jokercolor:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is 'SPOOKY LOOKING'.

Fossis................

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
I'd like to do some hunting around the place, it's pre civil war, and an archaic indian site is close by.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
What a beautiful home! A paint job, some window repairs and most likely repairs inside... did you ask to hunt it?

S

seger98

thirty7 said:
I'd like to do some hunting around the place, it's pre civil war, and an archaic indian site is close by.

Looks like it would be a neat place to hunt, but I think you'd be looking over your shoulder alot! :glasses11: <<<Ghost!

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
I wouldn't know who to ask really, I dont think it's been lived in for 40 some years. I'd probably have to go the courthouse to find the deed?

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
thirty7 said:
I wouldn't know who to ask really, I dont think it's been lived in for 40 some years. I'd probably have to go the courthouse to find the deed?

I would atleast try....the worse that they could say is NO...but I hope not! Good luck and let us know if you do...would love to see what you find!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it. Though it seems strange not to have windows on the gable end. I'd try to track down the owners for permission to hunt there.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
I'll do some asking around, if I do get permission to hunt it, I'll be prepared. I'm thinking a garlic necklace, a canteen full of holy water, maybe rent a priest for the day as a hunting buddy. lol, he could exercise the demons while I groundscore buckles and spearpoints!

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would absolutely love to explore that old house. I was raised in a haunted house; lived there for 17 years. Hard to keep friends because they wouldn't come over at night. You get used to it. I really like the way that one looks. Lots of character.

john

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV
Looks like a cool place, would love to get the opportunity to check that place out. Good luck hope ya get permission to hunt it.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Best I can tell it has a very new roof..........I would love to explore the house and its surroundings.
Thanks for the photos.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt it! I've never know a ghost yet to actually hurt someone ;D

Great pic btw. Clouds make it look even spookier.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is that peeking out of the second story window? Hmmm, must have been a shadow? Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread