• 1 (Medium).jpg
    1 (Medium).jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 262

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
You bringing back memories for me. We used to camp at Assateague Island State Park back in the late 1970's. The last year down there to camp was 1979 or 1980. I never did make it back there to see the lighthouse. Beautiful picture!

Sue

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
smurf-42 said:
You bringing back memories for me. We used to camp at Assateague Island State Park back in the late 1970's. The last year down there to camp was 1979 or 1980. I never did make it back there to see the lighthouse. Beautiful picture!

Sue

It certainly is a beautiful place to be. Funny thing about the lighthouse - it's called the Assateague Light but is actually located on Chincoteague (the Virginia side of Assateague Island). :)

S

seger98

Cynangyl said:
I think the black and whites you do are my favorite...this is a great shot too!

Right you are, they are nice in black & white!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful!!! Love all those shots you've posted! I especially like the fishing one tho! 8)

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been trying to convince my wife to rent a house at Chincateague, but she likes more action so I get shot down every summer when I bring it up.

It looks like my type of place. I bet there are some nice cobs hidden beneath the surface too :wink:

Beautiful shot!!
N

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Neil in West Jersey said:
I have been trying to convince my wife to rent a house at Chincateague, but she likes more action so I get shot down every summer when I bring it up.

It looks like my type of place. I bet there are some nice cobs hidden beneath the surface too :wink:

Beautiful shot!!
N

It's a very beautiful place - just not in the summertime. Way too many people with no care or respect for the place. Good luck with the detector too. Get caught in the park/beach with it and you'll be getting "one phone call" if you know what I mean. The local law enforcement and park officers are hardcore. The locals don't exactly favor visitors either. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions