Reverend B*IKE*

Jan 11, 2009
YOU CON
Detector(s) used
Minelab SAFARI, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Red Tail

Awsome shot! what kind of zoom does your camera have? What is your camera?
real nice

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good pic, it looks 'hungry'.

Fossis.............

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

The zoom is why I purchased this camera on recommendation from a TN member. It's a Canon power shot S3 with a 12x optical and 4 x digital zoom, image stabilizer, just a great camera. Funny I have taken pictures of the Hawks with other cameras, much closer, and they were awful. I love this camera.

Fossis, Doesn't look like it's missed many meals. I bet it's always hungry! :D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Beautiful shot sis! I am sure glad you got that camera too! Have not seen any pics of Ty lately....have I missed them or are you slackin? lol

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Hey Sis! Been a month since we have been able to go out and play, poor kid was sick the last time he was here. :( He missed the best snowmobiling of the year too. Hopefully we can get him out there this weekend if the snow holds up. Finally got out of the deep freeze, it's good for the cabin fever, but real bad on the trails. I wish Ty got to see that Hawk, he'd have loved it!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Well print him up a copy of the photo and then hope he comes back while Ty is there!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great photo Kim, the Red Tails I see never cooperate for me, they just seem to know when to take off from their perch just as I am about to snap the photo! :o

Don

S

seger98

Very nice photo, They always seem to fly away just when I hit the shutter button! :-\

Mobes

Oct 4, 2007
Westmont IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV

Great pic, they are so hard to photograph. Everytime I see one on the side of the road and pull over they fly away.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Re: Red Tail & bonus

I know exactly what you Folks mean, I just got LUCKY and he hung around for 3 shots. Here is a bonus from last nights lucky shot. :wink:

Attachments

• deer 09 002.JPG
    deer 09 002.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 291

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Red Tail & bonus

COUNTRY GIRL said:
I know exactly what you Folks mean, I just got LUCKY and he hung around for 3 shots. Here is a bonus from last nights lucky shot. :wink:
You guys are lucky to get shots like these :o I take it they are from close to your homes, that's why it annoys me when people post pictures of animals that have been shot on outher threads of this forum :'(

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful pictures CG. You are lucky to have such an abundant assortment of wildlife around you. Keep it up!

john

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Awesome capture of the Redtailed Hawk CG and of the Deer. There both pretty elusive.
Van

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Thanks Folks! Silver the only way to shoot a critter is with a camera! :thumbsup: You know most Folks wouldn't even notice when the Hawk flies in, or the deer sneak into the back yard, they just don't pay attention. I always have my eyes open for a good picture. :wink:

The Deer this time of year use the snwmobie trails for travel, the snow is too deep otherwise, the trail runs right through my yard, so they are here quite often. It's still not easy to get a shot, can't be on guard 24 hours a day if you work for a living. :-\

Here is another for you wildlife fans.

Attachments

• corn fields bow aroow 1.JPG
    corn fields bow aroow 1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 254
  • corn fields bow aroow 1.JPG
    corn fields bow aroow 1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 253

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Man!! where did you take that picture of the gobble-gobbles at? That is really cool. :thumbsup: I took some pictures of 4 turkeys right inside the mouth of the White river the other day, but they were very far away and I can't just stop what I'm doing to get the right shot with the camera. Yours is MUCH better. Thanks for sharing CG.

john

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You do have the critters!
Someone nearby has a peregrine, it does a flyby once or twice a day and it just zooms through the yard. Lost most of my backyard rabbits to the hawks and owls around here now, I chase them out whenever I see them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread