A Montage

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Do you ever take on passengers? I've rode on The "Kodiak King" 3 times. It's a tug out of Kodiak, AK. Each time was to bring a container ship into port. Also moved a 2 million gallon fuel barge. The power was awesome!!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, keep those pics coming. I've always enjoyed watching the river traffic, sitting on the levee at Norco, or riding along River Road it was always a Sunday outing for the family when we were younger.

:wink: RR

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
Super great photos "Captain" :icon_pirat: I spent many a night on the seas,and the photo of sunrise sure goes good with the morning coffee. :coffee2: Does the wind make your steering difficult at times,with such a long load :icon_scratch:Thanks for being a part of the suppliers that get your cargo to the farmers so we can all eat good.take care Idig :thumbsup:

OP
OP
capt1989

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey RR,
Years ago I worked in the fleet across the river from Norco. The M/V Claire Ellen is the lead boat there. I have spotted barges at shell Norco in the past. I have almost been pulled in the Bonne Carrie Spillway a time or two over the years. Small world!

Idig,
The wind really doesn't affect us when we are loaded down with product. When we are S/B (southbound) with empty barges the wind can be a real pain in the butt. Depending on location and wind speed, sometimes we stop for a period of time and just push into the bank until more favorable conditions arrive.

Trusty,
No more passengers due to homeland security and other company safety measures. We have to check the identification of every person who boards the vessel and I must have prior knowledge of who is coming or they don't get on board. This can cause some problems when someone in the office doesn't let us know someone is coming and I have to wake someone up at 2 am. But hey, if they want to play by the rules....I actually like making those phone calls ;D ;D ;D

john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions