A home comeing for one of my older paintings.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
I painted this painting in 1985. It is of our family dog and my Son wanted the painting,well I had a guy offer me a price for the painting so I sold it.Ive never heard the end of that! Back in those days I never made prints off the originals I just sold them as I did them.Now all these years later and my eyes are failing me I wish I had kept those originals. I got a hold of the owner of this painting and the owners of the other two posted here and had them scanned so I could make prints from them. I have another I sold at about this same time that my Wife liked and I wish I could locate the guy who bought it, but it is hard to do since so many years have passed.Today's technology makes it possible to scan through glass using a digital printing process called Giclee.My Son is in the Army so when he comes home on leave again I'm going to surprise him with the print of Babe hanging on the wall. The title of this print is "Babe" The next is titled "Bolgers Hollow" and the last is "After The Storm"Thanks for looking.
Van

Attachments

• babe ba re.jpg
    babe ba re.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 506
  • bolger hollow BH Re.jpg
    bolger hollow BH Re.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 505
  • after the storm ATS re.jpg
    after the storm ATS re.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 502
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Cynangyl said:
Very nice!!! Your son is going to be sooooooo excited!!
Thank you Cynangyl. I'm sure he will be happy to get this print. I should have never sold the original,but hopefully this will even it out a bit. I gave him another painting that he liked,but Babe is the one he wanted. She was our hunting dog and he really liked her, She is gone now and this print is one of the last memories of her,
Van

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is 'very commendable' of you, I'me sure he will love it.
Very nice paintings.

Fossis.................

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Wow, your son is going to be so surprised when he gets home. I'm glad you were able to find the person you sold that painting to and he/she let you make a copy. :thumbsup:
HH

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Very light, very happy work, it looks great!

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice paintings I am sure your Son will be happy :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Thanks Fossis, Im sure he will be surprised.

Thanks Desert Fox, I have a record of where paintings were sold to,but finding them is a problem. These three were not a problem,but some others I would like to have scanned are going to be hard to find.

Thank you for your kind words Seger98

Thank you lowbatts,its appreciated very much!

Thank you labradoodle of Pa

Thank you spawn00x

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Montana Jim said:
Jim I see your retired from the Air Force,and I do respect that! I was in the Army a million years ago,anyway it seems that long. Our Son is a career army man, and loves it. When I sold the painting he wanted, I made a stupid mistake, but hopefully he will be glad to get this print of the original.I would have tried to buy the original back from the women who owns it, but it was her husbands who has passed on, and he really liked the painting. She is in very bad health now and I didn't think I should try to buy it back. They have owned it for 25 years,
Van

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mom was a pretty good artist and did some paintings of wildlife for me several years ago. She now has Alsheimers Disease and is in a home. I have lost her but she lives on in her paintings she did for me so long ago. I'm sure the print will be deeply appreciated and revered. Monty

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Monty said:
My Mom was a pretty good artist and did some paintings of wildlife for me several years ago. She now has Alsheimers Disease and is in a home. I have lost her but she lives on in her paintings she did for me so long ago. I'm sure the print will be deeply appreciated and revered. Monty
Thank you Monty,its appreciated. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
RON (PA) said:
Very nice pictures. You are a great artist. Keep up the great work.
Thanks Ron for your kind words,its appreciated a lot
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Van, Very heart warming. Your a great Dad and your Son is going to be thrilled! :thumbsup:
Thank you CG. Ive tried to be a good Dad. He's been a very good Son.He's been in the Army about 7 years or so,and we don't get to see him or his family as much as we would like. He believes in what he is doing as a soldier.
Van

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Oh Van >your work is so very good !!!! I love to feel movement when I am looking at a painting !!! You can feeling the movement in yours, as well as capturing the spirit of the scene where anyone would wish to be !!! Your son will be delighted :) Keep painting !! as I have told you before you are greatly talented :thumbsup:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone - The more of your work you show the more I like, really great. Have you ever been commissioned for a painting or is this for pleasure? I'm sure your son will cherish the print. Please offer my thanks to him for serving our country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread