Oregon Elk Camp 2008

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
Here's a few shots of our camp. We have been going for several years and really enjoy it.We camp out in Eastern Oregon near John Day-Strawberry Mtn.This we had no Elk :icon_scratch: But have had alot of success in past years.Hope you enjoy the photos.PS sometimes if you have had to much the night before, you get to be the "Camp Host" until someone else gets the honor :occasion14: Idig

Attachments

• Elk Tent.JPG
    Elk Tent.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Cook Tent.JPG
    Cook Tent.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 320
  • Fire wood.JPG
    Fire wood.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 326
  • Camp Host.JPG
    Camp Host.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Tent.JPG
    Tent.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 314

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
awww brings back lots of great memories of elk hunting! Thank God I was never camp host! rofl You probably drove right past me on your way to elk camp silly man....next time you head that way shoot me a pm and we will see if you are actually driving past me and if you are then it will be a requirement to stop and have a cup of coffee at the very least! lol Thanks for sharing the photos!

S

seger98

That's a neat setup you have there, poor camp host doesn't look like he is quite into his job! :tongue3:

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
I would absolutely love to go camping and hunting!
Thanks for allowing me to be their vicariously at your awesome camp.

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pictures nice camp Me and My buddies we go to Colorado we bought enclosed trailers I have a 8x20 I insulated it put a counter top with a camper stove heat fold up bunks load our 4 wheelers and all our gear when we get there unload our 4 wheelers fold down the bunks and stay in the trailer makes a nice camp :thumbsup: bob

Attachments

• tmpphpXClJnB.jpg
    tmpphpXClJnB.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 229
P

pippinwhitepaws

seger98 said:
That's a neat setup you have there, poor camp host doesn't look like he is quite into his job! :tongue3:

he was road testing the comforts of a dry camp.

hyperion

Jun 26, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX E Series
Man that brings back fond memories. I've hunted the John-Day before, but we usually were in the Elgin area. I spent my formative years in LaGrande and our elk camps looked just like that ... except we had 3 feet of snow and our camp host always kept his pants on. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread