• Front [640x480].jpg
    Front [640x480].jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 344
  • Back [640x480].jpg
    Back [640x480].jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 363
S

seger98

Neat, when I find a place that has alot of trash I work the very outside edges first & work in towards the house until I start hitting to much trash, also if there is a clothes line around or out house, you can check those areas too.

Nice pictures,

Chris

P

pippinwhitepaws

check floorboards and back seat area of the cars...good finds there. :thumbsup:

S

stefen

seger98 said:
Gypsy Heart said:
Oh come on ...a little paint...some wallpaper....

A very good imagination you have there! LOL :D

Never saw a car with wallpaper / paint combination....hey, if it works, all the better.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D I worked some places like that on the lower Eastern Shore of DelMarVa. Around Cape Charles. I'll just say that it was a very interesting time. I found gravesites dating back into the 1600's and 1700's. My place dated back to the mid-1700's. My neighbors were very willing to let me hunt pretty much anywhere I wanted.
Whenever you get into an old area like that you keep tight lips. The less known the better off everyone is. Turn in a few pieces to the land owner even if he says for you to keep whatever you find. I gave an old bible I found in the wall of an old house, just like that one, that was first dated in France in the mid 1400's and ended in 1861. I guess that was when it was hidden in the wall. It listed births, deaths family weddings and all sorts of information. It started out in French with some entries in German and eventually went into early English. I often wondered why it was never removed and updated. The surnames in the bible were well known in the area where the house was located. The preacher I gave the bible to said he would track down the legal owner by looking along the family decendents of the names in the bible.
That was back in the 70's. The preacher died some years later and his wife died a few years after that. Had I gone public with that find there would have been one serious fight over ownership. This way the preacher had time to track down the decendants of the last person making the entries and who lived in the house at the time the entries stopped. I often wonder if the preacher finished his hunt before he died. It was a huge Bible with a very old leather cover.
Another thing that I saw during one of those old wander through the woods hunts was an old graveyard. I was in it before I ever saw the gravestones. It was grown over so badly that you could see gravestones with trees actually growing around them to the point of looking like they were part of the trees. I looked around at a few of the writings and dates. Again, 1600's, 1700's and 1800's. Nothing later than 1815 was found. I didn't detect that area but often went deer hunting there. "Kilt by Savages" was on several headstones along with dates and names.
Our hobby has bennifits that can't be measured in dollars. Wandering into something like that is awsome. I feel that detecting in a graveyard is not proper nor is it respectful. Never mind being illegal. Anyone who would desecrate graves for some artifact is about the lowest form of creature afoot. That would be the type of MD'er who will give us all a bad name and cause us all problems. There is plenty of "stuff" out there we can find without resorting to grave robbing.
I like diving, snorkeling, wading and dry beaching. I wonder what is waiting out there tomorrow? Another coin? Another ring? Another day out doing what we do. Having fun even if we find clad, pop tops and old cans.
Where's Me Grog, Wench? :coffee2:

Attachments

• A Coin.JPG
    A Coin.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 259

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listing says "Do away with the pressures of modern society. Get back to nature. Handyman special, some demo work started!"

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Gypsy Heart said:
Oh come on ...a little paint...some wallpaper....

oh yeah...some curtains and some flowers on the table...ready to move in! :thumbsup:

I sure would hunt there though!! ;D ;D ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I'd suffer the trash! Got too many sites here that have no trash left, and no targets either. Great pics!

Sure would have loved to seen pics of that old family bible, White Feather!

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 & ACE 250
DigginThePast said:
Listing says "Do away with the pressures of modern society. Get back to nature. Handyman special, some demo work started!"

Thanks for sharing the pics.

That's not just a fix-'er-upper, that's a prop-'er-upper! LOL Nice pics though, I'd give it some more time, ya never know what might be mixed in with the trash!

Kathy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread