Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out last weekend to one of my favorite places on the planet, the Wharton State Forest. The photo shows my wife and son walking along the Tuckerton Stage Road, which was once the main road from Philadelphia to the Shore. It was a two day trip back in the days before the Atlantic City Expressway was built. Even by 4x4, the going is slow. These photos were taken roughly 7 miles from the nearest paved road or dwelling.

Yes, places like this do exist in New Jersey!

Attachments

• 2009_02210001a.JPG
    2009_02210001a.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 243
  • 2009_02210003a.JPG
    2009_02210003a.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 239
S

seger98

Nice photos, I would have never thought you coud be that far from a road or house in NJ.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hi Neil,

Those are the most peaceful and satisfying places to be. Back in on those two-trackers in the woods shut off from the
modern world. It does a body good to be able to do that. I love it too. It's great that you do that with your family.
It makes for good quality time together and I'm sure they enjoy it too.

Great pics, I like the view, that's the kind of country I grew up in and I don't see it often enough now.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool photos. I apologize, but people like me tend to think states like New Jersey are paved from one end to the other. If the dirt were more yellow, you would think the shot was taken in southeastern Oklahoma. Thanks!

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
For all youn's info; The Pine Barrens of NJ cover approx. 1.1 million acres of mostly rural and undeveloped land (Grand Canyon National Park is 1.2 million acres). It contains a 17 trillion gallon aquifer of some of the purest water in the U.S.

Nice pics!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understood the you'uns part wbgvirginia. We studied about it in school, but when you see pics taken by folks that actually live there, it's way more real. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
MEinWV said:
For all youn's info; The Pine Barrens of NJ cover approx. 1.1 million acres of mostly rural and undeveloped land (Grand Canyon National Park is 1.2 million acres). It contains a 17 trillion gallon aquifer of some of the purest water in the U.S.

Nice pics!

Thanks for that background info!

Just go to google earth and zoom in on the South Central part of the state to give you an idea of the massiveness of the Jersey Pines. The Pine Barrens were once home to many people including Hessian refugees who did not return to Europe after the American Revolution. It also contained small villages that are now totally overtaken by forest with little evidence of civilization remaining. Look up Atsion or Batsto, which are two of the most well known NJ ghost towns.

(FYI: Metal Detecting is prohibited in the state forests of NJ, and you risk fines and/or confiscation of your equipment)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread