Predator (Do not open if you are squeamish)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't mean it the way it sounded, Kuger. (Sorry I mis-spelled that) Thanks for clarifying me. I agree with what you said. And thanks for pointing out to them they have a reason for concern, because I believe they do.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem!Oddly enough,out of all the lions that have attacked humans they have all been healthy animals.These things are not uncommon but should not be taken lightly.Lions never attack from the front so you wont see it coming.Have you ever seen the natives in India going into tiger country?They wear masks on the backs of there heads,so the tigers wont attack them,cats are cats :wink:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct Kuger, a bear will, sometimes, cover their kill too. Thing is, it's a very lucky bear that could catch and kill a healthy deer. Hawk, I believe, is from Monterey, CA so the odds are, if it was a bear, it would be a black bear. Grizzlys will often cover their kills but black bears do it rarely. Yes, it could have been a bear but, I'll bet 50-1 it was a cat.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not going to get into a dispute here but #1 Hawk no longer lives in Monterey,#2 black bears kill deer more often than people think.I am not disputing that it probably was a lion,but I wonder how you can say"yes thats a lion kill",without knowing the facts?I am not talking from something I have read I have done predator control all over the word,and I am intimately familiar with the area Hawk lives as well as Monterey :wink:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
well I would be the first to admit I am no expert on cats but do know Florida Panthers quite well and have studied them. They are quite like mountain lions and cougars which to me all 3 are basicly the same.

Anything is possible when we talk in the food chain in the wild, but from what I am seeing I still say cat. And I think the cat probably ambushed from under that area and caught that doe pretty close to those stairs there.

Me while outside would be warry and observant of my surroundings there. What ever killed that doe didn't seem to mind being right up by that home and stairs so if I had young/small children, pets, etc I would even be more careful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread