OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
A little hard to see in this pic, but it's spreading it's wings already and has quite a wingspan.

wingsspread.jpg

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Little update,

He's really grown (we named him Flyboy), and he's getting ready to fledge off the nest.

He's actually been off the nest, over the ground, but not out of the camera shot.

Really thought he was going to make it yesterday, but after his best attempt, Flyboy was all tuckered out and lay there with his legs sticking out. Popped in once and I thought he had died.

He likes to try for it when the wind is blowing, but Pappy can coax him into trying almost anytime.

The site gets busy when he starts screeching and going into his pre-flight dance, I suppose everybody is calling each other to tune in. Some times the site won't load due to the traffic, just keep trying.

I leave it open and turn the sound up so I know to look.

None of his flight training pics are good enough to post, the fast motion came out fuzzy. I'll keep trying.

feedingtimejpg.jpg

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Yes, he must have taken off early this morning.

He'll be back, he has to do advanced flight training school and fishing classes.

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
He's back today, and home alone.

edit- At the moment, he's hiding in the blurry spot of the camera lens (a spot of poo).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread