*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YUK YUK... :D :wink:

She is small compared to her mate, he is like a pot bellied pig, much much bigger..

Molly. (YUK) ;D

S

seger98

Mystery solved! But hey, they gotta eat too. :-\ Nice photo.

Chris

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molly, great photo and the others posted, our local possum's seem to love to eat the bread thrown out for the birds, but have had one very rambunctious one raiding my garbage cans, I thought it was Rocky Raccoon and company until I caught the bugger red handed inside the can. ::)

Luck Be a Lady

Dec 21, 2007
Arizona & Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 & ACE 250
They are a sneaky bunch aren't they? Seen a lot of them squished on the roads down here in AL, but no live ones. There are a few of them up in Northern WI, don't see them too often up there.

Great picture Molly, anyone have any ideas ( nice ideas ) how she can discourage them from getting in her bird feeder?

Kathy

S

seger98

I would suggest a live trap, that way it can be released far enough away from everyone!

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks friends for your comments. This little female possom is the only one that lives around near the house, she lives under it. She aint really no trouble, I have got used to her, I leave all uneaten food out for her at night, she absolutely adores my beef stew ::) The only time I see the BIG male is mating time..She's around 3 years old now & we still haven't seen any babies..
Its not really a problem, I feed all critters. When it snowed a week back, I went & got 2- 50lb bags of scratch, I went through it in less then a week. I just couldn't see them all be hungry in such cold weather.

Molly. :)

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Molly I think you are a very good and loving person to be so concerned for the little wildlife. My hat is off
to you for it. All those thoughtfull deeds won't go unnoticed.

Ray

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
DSC00529.jpgcoons.jpg

Molly , so your first clue was what was a missin ? My first clue was what was being left behind . Now ,I didn't mind , but I was curious to know what on earth could do that , I mean soooo mutch !! Then one evining in are driveway are headlights put some "light" on the mystery , Mama Raccoon and her masked gang of 5 !! They had for the most part been feeding off two Apricot tree's, but apparently earth worm's go good with apricots and that would explaine the condition of the flower-beds !! Anyway my family and I did find it all a bit amusing , funny watching 5 lit' coon's playing in the trees and mama eating all she could, keeping an eye on the young one's ,and one eye on us , she was good with it . I did feel bad for her , having 5 on the tit has to tough , so I was sure to have some dry dog food and water out for her ,before they would arrive . Anyway, Mama 'coon got all 5 off to a good start , and you should respect that , must be a tough job at that .

Mystery's Solved ! ! Blindpig

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I adore racoons. We had one that came in the night again, for the birds food (scratch), we noticed looking at her with the flash light she had VERY bad skin, no fur on one side of her belly. So we got her some fish sticks, left them in the tin, so she would get the oil too. She came feeding for a month. Her skin was less RED & her fur was growing back. We had the pleasure of seeing her 3 babies one night. Haven't seen her since. I have pics somewhere.

My friend asked if I had wings under my shirt. :angel4:

Thanks everyone.

Molly. :thumbsup:

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Molly said:
Thanks friends for your comments. This little female possom is the only one that lives around near the house, she lives under it. She aint really no trouble, I have got used to her, I leave all uneaten food out for her at night, she absolutely adores my beef stew ::) The only time I see the BIG male is mating time..She's around 3 years old now & we still haven't seen any babies..
Its not really a problem, I feed all critters. When it snowed a week back, I went & got 2- 50lb bags of scratch, I went through it in less then a week. I just couldn't see them all be hungry in such cold weather.

That's funny. I used to live in the country by a lake and had all kinds of animals out back at night. I use to throw our edible leftovers, like chicken carcasses out back and it would be gone by morning. Turned out to be a fox. I used to catch fish out of the lake and give them to a feral cat and her kittens that I discovered living under the house. They use to eat the whole thing, bones, heads and all. I finally ended up buying dry cat food for them, then started buying some better wet cat food. Amazing how they can draw you in.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aint that a fact, Rwsnc. :D

I would rather put uneaten food out for critters,than in the trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread