A Smart Squirrel

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
We feed the birds all winter, and have quite a variety, summer and winter. And naturally with the feeders attracting the birds we also have the usual birdbath. To keep it from freezing we have one of the small heaters in the water. We always keep it full it is used quite regular. Then the squirrils discovered they can get a drink, too. The other day I saw
this one getting a dring and snapped his pic just as he saw me through the window.

These are some doves on the ground.

The squirrels are pretty good at learning new tricks of survival. LOL

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_0174.JPG
    IMG_0174.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 321

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bless you for thinking of the small animals....Matt

S

seger98

You gotta give them credit, they can figure some tough stuff out for themselves!

P

pippinwhitepaws

i went to the grand canyon once to deliver a car to an employee... drove up in the night to avoid traffic...grabbed a nap on the front seat...woke up to tiny chewing sound???? can't find any critter...drive back to prescott...chew chew chew???

turns out a squirrel decided the heater box in my F-150 was a great place to have her babies... :tongue3:

three weeks she was in there...and of course, being a dirteatingtreehuggindruid....i let her stay...finally i took the dash apart, slowly...making lots of noise...removed her nest...put the truck back together...
all the while, i hear her scurrring about transfering the babies to a new location...

ok..next morning...i am driving out to the road...this squirrel jumps in front of the truck...up this tree, jump in front of the truck...up that tree...jumps in front of the truck...1/4 mile this squirrel is harassing me...tail up...shaking her cute little behind...

i think i spend too much time in the woods. :icon_jokercolor:

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
mlayers and seger98, thanks for your replies.

pippinwhitepaws that is a pretty cute story. Thanks for sharing.

Ray

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you think of the animals, when every thing is frozen.

fossis..............

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray,You are much like myself. I can't go without feeding the critters, especially in winter.

Pippin thats so cute, we have the same problem, mice have babies in our Oldsmobile, under the hood & in the heating system. We hear them scurrying around behind the dash. I was once parked up at Walmart, sitting with the car door open. A little mouse poked its nose out the vent in the door post, I stroked its nose & told it, it better not get out here, so far from home lol.

You gotta love gods critters..I know I do.

Thanks for sharing.

Molly. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Mike and Fossis thanks for your replies.

Molly, Yup we evidently share a kindred spitit. Thank you for your nice reply.

Ray

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Animals have to get smart to survive now days! Cute stories everyone!

My cats very rarely go after mice ! I had one pop out see me and say oops gotta go this am!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
That cat that we had for 19 years had one bad habit. My wife loved the cat but would get angry with him when he would
kill a bird. He killed several in his lifetime and didn't quit until he was about 15 or 16 years old. He was quite a hunter.

Ray

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ of our cats were sound asleep 3 feet away when the mouse popped out at me 1 foot from me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread