tractormania

SWEATYSOCK

Feb 14, 2008
Cumbria
Detector(s) used
Quattro
those ferguson tractors have a cult following this side of the pond. designed in 1946 by harry ferguson i think they were one of the first tractors to feature an hydraulic three point hitch. the same engine was used in a road car but i can't remember which model. a pal of mine has one but the block cracked last winter due to insufficient anti freeze. its the one with 6 volt electrics so is fairly old.
over here they are affectionately known as "grey fergies" due to the colour scheme.
i learnt to drive on a massey ferguson model 35 age 8 years old in the 60's which is very simillar but may have had a perkins diesel in it, still makes me smile when i see one at vintage shows.
Graeme

Attachments

• ferguson_tea_20_bach[1].jpg
    ferguson_tea_20_bach[1].jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
123jerry---the man i bought it fron thinks its a 1951--good enough for me, i not gonna search #s

sweaty---this one is 6 volts, to be changed this weekend if i can do it, and the color on them here was red as best as i can tell, hood, fenders, wheel centers, motor, tran was gray

this is a to-30

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
rmptr---unless someone put the battery in backwards its neg grnd, 6 volts,,, that will be changed this weekend if i can get an alternator reworked, have a guy here in town that can fix them, also starters, this guy knows what he is doing and is cheap too. the battery dead and i dont want to buy a 6 volt i have a 12 volt i can stick in there...just need to make an alt mout, i know someone that can do that too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread