tractormania

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
well this is what i did today. i got all the parts friday (reworked head, gasket set, used rocker arm) rain all day yesterday so that left today to see if i could get that junk running, i did, have new wheel and tire to put on it, carb still leaking gas so that has to be looked at, and the weather man just said more rain tomorrow, another delay.
i havent been out with my m/d in so long i know the eye on the bottom of the coil has closed -lol.

Attachments

• tractor7.JPG
    tractor7.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 255
  • tractor8.JPG
    tractor8.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 252
  • tractor3.JPG
    tractor3.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 257
  • tractor11.JPG
    tractor11.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 242

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That is great! Hopefully soon you will have a few nice days...one to finish the old work horse there then some to go open the eye on your detector again! :wink:

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
thanks for the comments

seger98, this job dosent require any special tools other than a torque wrench, lots of fun and some #%$^&* words-lol

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey,ol' man,it looks like you did a bangup job.Nice goin'.Does it run on that 'shine' stuff you swig?Finish 'er up so you can get to detecting again.We're all anxcious to meet up once more.

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
thanks nick

wsd---at 60 a gallon for :icon_sunny: think i will just put cheap gas in it--lol

S

seger98

olegoat said:
thanks for the comments

seger98, this job dosent require any special tools other than a torque wrench, lots of fun and some #%$^&* words-lol

torque wrench :icon_scratch: kidding, I know what one of those are! some day I might just tackle a project like that.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Olegoat, great to see you again! Gotta get that tractor fixed in time for spring planting. ;D
Hugs to the Mrs for me!

:wink: RR

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
rr---the tractor is for use on my driveway, the rains have put ruts in it and i am tired of not being able to fix it myself.
no farming in me, my garden is moped and waxed every nite--also has sign over it, says save-a-lot, also wal-mart----lol :icon_sunny:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Olegoat, is that an F40?

I'm so used to seeing 9N's around here, a MF really sends me a curve...

Them gas leaks are a good thing to fix...
And better than carrying a fire extinguisher all the time!

:thumbsup:
rmptr

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
a bucket is always better than a shovel. and that shine will clean off anything that gets stuck on your tractor LOL

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
thanks again for the comments

para----nice tractor, just a little too rich for my wallet

rmptr---its a ferguson model to-30, my first tractor, and it is about the same as a ford 8-n
this one is 1951 we think, or at least that is what the man said when i bought it

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Gosh, I hope I get a beer for being half-right! ;D
So it was somewhere in the mid '50's that Massey wed Ferguson? Ha! Ha!
And the clans were thereafter united... The feud was over!

O boy... maybe that's what the One is gonna do with automakers...
A three way with Ford/gM/Chrysler... call it FMC ? ;D

Paratrooper, looks like you got plenty of never ending bottomless deep sand!
Have you tried using the bucket to mix sacks of cement with it to stiffen things up?
It kinda works, for a driveway...

Best
rmptr

OP
OP
O

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
bbq---i went and looked at the little tag by the steering wheel, guess what, it says harry furgerson

rmptr---see above, no massy, harry must have still been single when this tractor was built--lol

sniffer--sense i dont want to be cleaned off my tractor, think i will just keep the shine in the jug--lol

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
rmptr said:
Paratrooper, looks like you got plenty of never ending bottomless deep sand!
Have you tried using the bucket to mix sacks of cement with it to stiffen things up?
It kinda works, for a driveway...
Best
rmptr

I have put 3/8ths minus down and packed it pretty good . I also put gravel over most of it . I still have little trails when it rains but nothing to write home about . I am now using my tractor to level some of the property so I can put up a big greenhouse . I will use a rebar frame that's a snap to do . Tough times just might be a comin' .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions