Beaver sign

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
was down by the Ninnescah river in so. Ks when my daughter and I came across this beaver sign.
Funny thing about it, no dam. but if they had built a dam, the spring floods would have wiped it out. In the last picture, you can see how deep the water gets, and this is about 50 yards north of the river

Attachments

• TNET photos 322.jpg
    TNET photos 322.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 219
  • TNET photos 323.jpg
    TNET photos 323.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 229
  • TNET photos 324.jpg
    TNET photos 324.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 233
  • TNET photos 326.jpg
    TNET photos 326.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 234

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beavers drag the branches to their hutch, & store them for a 'later snack', I always warn small children about the 'stumps' that they leave, just right to fall on.

Fossis.............

S

seger98

fossis said:
The beavers drag the branches to their hutch, & store them for a 'later snack', I always warn small children about the 'stumps' that they leave, just right to fall on.

Fossis.............

I've trapped beaver for 30 years, I always thought that I'd either fall through the ice or trip & fall on one of those stumps that would end it all. Still could happen I guess.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the stumps left behind could do some serious damage

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
seger98 said:
fossis said:

Fossis.............

I've trapped beaver for 30 years, I always thought that I'd either fall through the ice or trip & fall on one of those stumps that would end it all. Still could happen I guess.

I trapped beaver for a number of years also, and have ruined more than a couple pairs of hip boots with those sharp pointed sticks.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
when we get the spring rains, it runs about 20 ft deep, right now it's about 2-3 ft

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the beaver sign we saw 2 big ones on our Sunday trips if go ago again this weekend I'll get a pic!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions