Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TennesseeGal said:
Hey Fossis!

We have those bees in our yard. They come out in early spring and buzz and hover around the ground. The vet I work for has an interest in bees. He said they are our original honey bees and there aren't a lot of them around any more. The bees we think of as our honey bees are actually imports brought in long ago, I cant remember from where. They are very calm. I've rubbed their back while they are sitting at the opening to their home and they just crawl around. I've lived with them on our property for 15 years and have never once seen an aggressive move from one of them. Thanks for sharing. You are a very interesting and fun person. Your family is very lucky to have you.
Melissa

Here is a link I found that might be interesting http://www.vernalpools.org/Thorp/

I had also heard we had no 'Honey Bee's', that they were imported years ago.
The link is 'fantastic information' thanks so much for sharing, & for 'The compliment'. :thumbsup:

Fossis.................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VanGone said:
fossis said:
VanGone said:
Country Girls post is correct as far as I'm concerned. My Daughter here in Iowa has the same as you described Fossis. They make those little holes with a little sandy looking pile by them. They just bug the daylights out of her. They never seem aggressive,as you said they just do there thing! Another interesting post Fossis,were learning a lot from you,and so is your Grandson I bet!
Van

It's hard to 'compete' with the video games, but he paid me the neatest compliment once, he told his Dad he wanted to be just like Grandpa when he grows up, his Dad said: 'why in the world would you want to be like him?
He said: because he knows everything. ::)
My Grandaughter asked me once : do you have any 'neat things' to show us today? almost brought a tear to my eye. :'(
I didn't have a Dad, (died a few months before I was born), so I tried to give my children all that I didn't get as a child, it must have been successful, they are all 'well adjusted', tax paying, nature loving adults, teaching their children the same ways I taught them.

HH, Fossis...................
Fossis he gave you the highest compliment one could ever get. You should be proud of that! He will never forget these times,and he will be telling his Grankids about you and they will say the same thing "They want To Be Just Like You" Thanks for sharing that with us, very cool!
Van

Yes he did Van, for a 7 year old that was the best he knew how to say.
He has a little cousin, who has ADDs, & when he visit's from Tulsa, he alway's want's to do something with 'Grandpa', (I told him he could call me that), it's 'Ironic' that I am teaching 'little Cherokee boys ' about Nature, their 'Culture' is slowly being lost.

Fossis................

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We always called them ground wasps. I suppose if you fooled with them enough they would sting or bite you. They never really hurt much of nothing.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
We always called them ground wasps. I suppose if you fooled with them enough they would sting or bite you. They never really hurt much of nothing.

They are 'pretty laid back'. :thumbsup:

Fossis................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoney56 said:
Similar to these? I know these are in wood but what about the looks?

http://entoplp.okstate.edu/ddd/insects/carpenterbees.htm

I have the 'carpenter bees in my barn, they just leave me alone, (& I leave them alone). :P
The little 'ground bees ' are the same size as a honeybee, they just go in their hole, turn around, & sit with their heads looking out, when you get close, they back down the burrow, they are mostly dark colored, some smaller ones are 'greenish'.

Fossis................

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Fossis, Looks like it may be a mining bee. What do you think?

Mining bees, or digger bees,

Thats it! You can train them and bring them to a gold mine or find a good location where gold is and have them mine it for you! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Sorry but I just had to throw that one in!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Fossis, Looks like it may be a mining bee. What do you think?

Mining bees, or digger bees,

Thats it! You can train them and bring them to a gold mine or find a good location where gold is and have them mine it for you! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Sorry but I just had to throw that one in!

Well 'throw it back out'. ;D

fossis...................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread