More Montana Pics (21 March 09)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
As always I keep my camera with me... I'm starting to get out a little more with the nicer weather and took some pics to share with you all today.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Thanks for looking...

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of those are (Calender quality) Jim. :thumbsup:

Fossis....................

S

seger98

Very nice photos MJ. what's the pile of bricks? An old building?

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Cynangyl said:
Ever considered a career in photography? Those are gorgeous!

Thanks Cyn - Never considered it... ever. I would have no idea where to begin...

fossis said:
Some of those are (Calender quality) Jim. :thumbsup:

I appreciate that Fossis... That's a big deal to me comming from you as much I appreciate yer pics too.

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
I will trade you a weekend in west Missouri for a weekend in Monatana ... :thumbsup:

The problem with that deal Nick is that I've been to Western Missouri! LMAO Hey, you never know, one day that might happen.

seger98 said:
Very nice photos MJ. what's the pile of bricks? An old building?

Some of the stonework around the dam project from about 1915-ish.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Maybe you could begin with making calendars :wink: Or do some postcards up for some of the lil mom and pop places?

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Thanks again everyone... I enjoy sharing the pics with you guys... expecially you city dwellers! :icon_sunny:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, beautiful shots. Nice day too. Maybe winter's gone.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Awesome pictures Jim, very sharp and crisp,and very well composed. You sure live in a beautiful place,and the others on here are right ,your pictures are post card quality!
Van

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
RGINN said:

Been in the 60s the last few days... snow still on the main range on the front, but little or no snow left here.

VanGone said:
Awesome pictures Jim, very sharp and crisp,and very well composed. You sure live in a beautiful place,and the others on here are right ,your pictures are post card quality!
Van

Well... I appreciate the comment! Maybe I'll be needing to supliment my income with some kind of photo project!

Years ago I started taking pictures of road kill... maybe that would make a nice coffee table book?

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Montana Jim said:
RGINN said:

Been in the 60s the last few days... snow still on the main range on the front, but little or no snow left here.

VanGone said:
Van

Well... I appreciate the comment! Maybe I'll be needing to supliment my income with some kind of photo project!

Years ago I started taking pictures of road kill... maybe that would make a nice coffee table book?
Well I'm sure that would make an interesting coffee table book :lol I had a Sister In Law that was going to college,majoring in art and she went around and shot some nasty road kill shots. That song Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road was popular at that time.Maybe that's where she got the idea for shooting that stuff.
Van

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Pics Jim-----That is some beautiful country you live in.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Idig4beer said:
Super photos Jim,You've got a good eye!!.Question-- How do you frame the pictures in the forum :icon_scratch: Idig

When I take these pics they are as big as my driveway and I have to shrink them down before posting.

I use microsoft paint to make the pics smaller, then, I make the border while in that
program, saving the picture with the frame. It's part of the picture I saved.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, some super photos there, beautiful country, but about that city slicker comment, you are in a city. :tard:

Keep that camera rollling, always enjoy photos of BIG SKY COUNTRY!! :thumbsup:

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread