NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I know why all the duck hunters keep hearing ducks calling at night......NGE

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
nowgittineverything said:
Now I know why all the duck hunters keep hearing ducks calling at night......NGE

rofl

deer calls I always carry two to have a different sound

I have pretty good luck making one come in when I use two calls

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not very lucky the night yer cam went off, all I see is you in the pic ;D.....NGE

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Not very lucky the night yer cam went off, all I see is you in the pic ;D.....NGE

maybe I was walking back to my truck or 4 wheeler to get it and load it :)
I learned a long time ago, dragging or carrying it when you can load it isn't too smart :wink:

most of the deer (bucks) I kill come out and move right at dark, they too don't get big being stupid

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry BEF, but I had to come back and look at that one more time. It just gets funnier, and I could see that happenin to me.

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
RGINN said:
I'm sorry BEF, but I had to come back and look at that one more time. It just gets funnier, and I could see that happenin to me.

ROFL anytime I can share a laugh it is good

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Why? There's only snipe and two legged deer out there ;D......NGE

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
look like a STARTLIS DECRAPUS OUTAME to me === yep "noctural bucls" are the biggins -- once they see a hunter or hear the first bang of hunting season --they go night time only fast . some are strictly night time only *** the only way yo hunt them is have trail cams get their picture to find the trails they are using --from that track down figger out their daytime bedding area -- and slip stalk hunt them to their beds ---since you will not see them up and moving in legal hunting hours . (in high pressure hunting areas -- does have been known to go to mega bucks bedding areas thus reducing his need to prowl like lesser bucks have to .)

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Molly said:
I get far too spooked to be in the woods at night..lol.

Molly.

Folks out around the farm won't go into the woods now without at least a handgun. Coyotes running the woods and they are scared to death of them. Story in the paper today about coyotes roaming in the city. There's a $25 bounty on them.

OP
OP
Bridge End Farm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Excavator said:
Molly said:
I get far too spooked to be in the woods at night..lol.

Molly.

Folks out around the farm won't go into the woods now without at least a handgun. Coyotes running the woods and they are scared to death of them. Story in the paper today about coyotes roaming in the city. There's a $25 bounty on them.

I have heard of them attacking humans but personally don't know of any. Most will avoid you but I think any wild animal/animals will try if they are hungry enough and feels it can take you.

I am in the deep woods or on the rivers a lot at night and never have had any problems. I don't even come out of my stands till an hour or so after it is pitch black. Gators get close at times waiting to see if you toss a fish back and snatch it. Only once had a panther scream at me while I was in a stand which that was very announced and I never heard or saw it come in and get below my stand. Did see it after moving through the dark and heading away. You can see well even on a dark starless night once your eyes are adjusted to it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That particular animal is kinda' gamey but not bad once you get it cleaned! M :D nty

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I've seen tracks, but that's all. Maybe some of the guys just want to wear their holsters. :D

Now if we start seeing panthers again, I'm packing a sidearm!

A little gamey... lol :D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastweek when we were out detecting I was looking at tracks and could tell what most of them were from, but then there were some droppings and no tracks and someplaces to many to tell what all was in area! This was across the road from the area last year I kept seeing somthing just out of the cornor of my eye and found alot of bones and the dead horse.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sing, when out in the woods, there aint no critters hang around to hear that. lol.

Molly.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Molly said:
I sing, when out in the woods, there aint no critters hang around to hear that. lol.

Molly.

lol what a novel idea....I could sing and everything anywhere close would cover their ears and run screaming from the forest! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread