Finally Done!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Back in february I posted pics of my house after severe damage due to a broken pipe that had frozen,

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,219848.0.html

Last night at 8:30 PM they walked out of the house after completing the last task; exactly 3 months to the day when I discovered the leak. AArrrrggghhh!!!!!!!

Anyway, here's pics of the end result plus a few more of the foyer and living room which weren't damaged.

Attachments

• Dining Room 01.JPG
    Dining Room 01.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 497
  • Dining Room 02.JPG
    Dining Room 02.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 504
  • Dining Room 03.JPG
    Dining Room 03.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 502
  • Foyer from Front Door.JPG
    Foyer from Front Door.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 501
  • Foyer looking into Living Room.JPG
    Foyer looking into Living Room.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 491
  • Hallway.JPG
    Hallway.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 484
  • Hallway from Foyer.JPG
    Hallway from Foyer.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 479
  • Kitchen.JPG
    Kitchen.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 480
  • Living Room 01.JPG
    Living Room 01.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 482
  • Living Room 02.JPG
    Living Room 02.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 470
  • Sunroom.JPG
    Sunroom.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 460
S

seger98

Beautiful place you have there wes, glad to see it's back in one piece again! Will you drain the water pipes next time when you leave for a while? :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
seger98 said:
Beautiful place you have there wes, glad to see it's back in one piece again! Will you drain the water pipes next time when you leave for a while? :icon_scratch:

Thanks!

I actually had them install valves and drain cocks so when it gets below freezing I'll cut off the area that has frozen and broken not just once but twice. The damage this time was worse!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ahhhhhh so nice to have it all back to normal again! I am sure you are enjoying it as well. lol Gracious...three months of this misery! Were you able to salvage much in the basement?

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have done an excellent job Wes, you sure have a beautiful home.

Molly.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Cynangyl said:
ahhhhhh so nice to have it all back to normal again! I am sure you are enjoying it as well. lol Gracious...three months of this misery! Were you able to salvage much in the basement?

Not sure yet Cyn. They got the sauna working, my freezer is "iffy", and all of the power tools were under water so even if they run I'm not sure how much life is in them (4 hand drills, radial arm saw, lathe, planner, router 2 circular saws, couple of kerosene heaters...and who knows what else). I turned them in as losses to insurance and got a "depreciated value" check so if they don't work at least I have some replacement funds.

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
crazyjarhead said:
Nice looking fort :icon_sunny: I wonder how it looked before the damage ???

Not sure what you're referring to. The pics above are "after" the damage. Take a look at the link I gave to an earlier post for the "before" pics

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I thought you had finished a hotrod lol

Glad your home is back to being your home
and all the water damage fixed

very pretty historic home

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I am soooo very Happy for you that you have your home back in order it turned out beautiful and the rooms that weren't damaged are fantastic it just looks so homey and comfortable!

Losing stuff sucks big time Jeff's mom and dad a few years ago lost alot of family stuff when the basement flooded. His aunt the same thing when a creek flooded a couple of years ago when hers flooded she sat on the top step and grabed stuff as it floated by, it was bad!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Congratulations Wes! They did a great job, really I love it. Now is the gold room paint or wall paper? it make the room look antiquey. I didn't know you collected steins, Gerry does too.

I know there was a bunch of frustrations along the way, but it sure was worth the wait! Lovely! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Congratulations Wes! They did a great job, really I love it. Now is the gold room paint or wall paper? it make the room look antiquey. I didn't know you collected steins, Gerry does too.

I know there was a bunch of frustrations along the way, but it sure was worth the wait! Lovely! :thumbsup:

It's a wallpaper that resembles marble. As soon as I turned the page and saw it in the book I said, "That's it!".

Thanks for the comment Kimmie! :-*

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
CarolinaDigs said:
Wes this is all so lovely ! I am delighted to see that you have came through all this with beautiful results.
Wonderful charming home :)

Thanks Margie...but it sure seemed like forever to get it done!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Bridge End Farm said:
I thought you had finished a hotrod lol

Glad your home is back to being your home
and all the water damage fixed

very pretty historic home

Thanks!

The "hot rod" is not gonna be redone!!!!!!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Granny Hop Hop said:
Wow I am soooo very Happy for you that you have your home back in order it turned out beautiful and the rooms that weren't damaged are fantastic it just looks so homey and comfortable!

Losing stuff sucks big time Jeff's mom and dad a few years ago lost alot of family stuff when the basement flooded. His aunt the same thing when a creek flooded a couple of years ago when hers flooded she sat on the top step and grabed stuff as it floated by, it was bad!

Thanks bunches for the comments Granny!

I kept reminding myself that it could have been much worse; a tornado like one that hit Murfreesboro, TN could have taken everything so I kept reminding myself how lucky I was.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions