57.5 KB · Views: 273
  • l_572983e2a5bf463b8fc6d96b4c92c52f.jpg
    l_572983e2a5bf463b8fc6d96b4c92c52f.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 255

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
packerbacker said:
I'm not too familiar with the potency of Cottonmouth venom but, I had a friend that was bitten by a rattler. The rattler wasn't much bigger than a standard nightcrawler but yet, he spent 3 days in the hospital and nearly lost some fingers. He was sore and discolored from his fingertips to his groin area. I'd be worried about any poisonous snake and, if bitten, treat it like you were bit by a monster.
They say the baby snakes are the worst to get bit by! They dont know when to let up/on venom i heard .. :

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
Molly said:
Some great stories, thanks friends.

I have a friend in Australia, her cats catch snakes & plays with them until they are dead. Every morning she wakes up to find LOTS of dead snakes on her kitchen floor. Gotta love tose cats.

I also have a friend that was literally chased by a cottonmouth, those snakes Just don't give up. I wouldn't like to be in that possition, I'm afraid if one chase me I would have to kick its ass..lol.

Molly.
Someone told me when a cat brings a snake in your house its good luck :hello2:

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Here is one I almost ran over....pretty good sized.....I think it is a rosy boa.....found in the Sonora desert here in AZ.

db

Attachments

• hope az 036.jpg
    hope az 036.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 249
  • hope az 037.jpg
    hope az 037.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 254
  • hope az 038.jpg
    hope az 038.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 241

GroundS.KeepeR

Jan 25, 2009
Tennessee
Description -- Broad-banded Water Snakes :sign13:
Keeled scales. Body has 11-17 broad, irregularly shaped dark brown, reddish brown or black crossbands, separated by yellow, orange or yellowish gray. Belly is yellow or cream-colored with large dark brown or reddish-brown blotches. Young are patterned like adults, but more brightly colored. Adults average 22-36 inches in length.

Habitat and Habits
A lowland water snake of swamps, oxbow lakes, sloughs, ponds and sluggish streams. Active late March-October. Breeds April-May and gives birth to 7-40 young in July-August. It feeds on fish, frogs and tadpoles. Like other water snakes, it basks on brush or driftwood piles in or near water.

same snake..

Attachments

• l_7827119dc806416b80158f7a395f5d23.jpg
    l_7827119dc806416b80158f7a395f5d23.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 242

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few more.

Attachments

• Owen & Cara\'s snakes 028.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 028.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Owen & Cara\'s snakes 021.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 021.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 217
  • Owen & Cara\'s snakes 017.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 017.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 206
  • Owen & Cara\'s snakes 003.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 003.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Owen & Cara\'s snakes 002.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 002.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Owen & Cara\'s snakes 043.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 043.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 199
  • Owen & Cara\'s snakes 045.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 045.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 197
  • Owen & Cara\'s snakes 049.jpg
    Owen & Cara\'s snakes 049.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 187
  • copperhead.jpg
    copperhead.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 201
  • mmmmm.jpg
    mmmmm.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 198
OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW. I can't believe my thread is still goin' LOL
I've been busy for a few months. Glad to see lots of posts/snakes etc for me to check out..
Outstanding pics everyone..Interesting read too.

I have snake pics but can't download pics off camera for some strange reason.

I'll have to pop in more often to check posts. Thanks everyone..

Molly.

btw, someone mentioned Black widow spiders in uk..well this isn't the first one they have found. Just imagine how many babies they have left behind.. :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/mid_/8091671.stm

Now this is the "The false widow spider" (Steatoda nobilis) often mistaken for a Black widow spider..

http://www.uksafari.com/falsewidows.htm

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beeeeeeennn married to a snake fur 30 some ood years :coffee2:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I miss read I think you meant your wifes has been married to a ....... for how long now ? LOL!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check back ever so often. And still going, and going, and going... Went to Oklahoma last week but didn't get any snake pics. Didn't see any. We did have a young boy bit on the foot by a rattler over in Chatfield park in Denver this week though. He's OK. The first person to walk by gets the rattler's attention, the second one p*sses him off, and the third gets bit. Carry a walking stick and tap the ground when hiking, cause rattlers feel that vibration and move on. Maybe.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa battery said:
beeeeeeennn married to a snake fur 30 some ood years :coffee2:

;D Thats funny..

Mental Granny said:
Did I miss read I think you meant your wifes has been married to a ....... for how long now ? LOL!

You guys kill me.. :D

RGINN said:
I check back ever so often. And still going, and going, and going... Went to Oklahoma last week but didn't get any snake pics. Didn't see any. We did have a young boy bit on the foot by a rattler over in Chatfield park in Denver this week though. He's OK. The first person to walk by gets the rattler's attention, the second one p*sses him off, and the third gets bit. Carry a walking stick and tap the ground when hiking, cause rattlers feel that vibration and move on. Maybe.

Yep still goin n goin hon.. :D I never expected this. I wonder if I have the longest goin thread? :dontknow:

Guys n gals I have a story for ya.

The peacocks have had babies, she laid eggs on the shed roof. We kept our eye on her making sure she was ok, only to find a rat snake 5ft long, a big buggar ( can I say that? lol) I got so mad when I saw a big bulge in his stomach, I saw 3 eggs missin out of 6..grrrrr.. I whipped him off the shed & got my machette n chopped his head clean off. LOL. I was so mad..Now i tell ya'll this is totally out of character for lil ole me.. ::)
I meant to get some snakeaway but forgot, like i forget most my shopping "sigh" anyways..
I killed 3 snakes in total over 3 days..all rat snakes.. I felt bad after but you know peacocks are really nice friendly/beautiful birds, so I felt justified..
Her eggs hatched we have 3 babies, so I put her & the babies in a big hanging cage, safe there from night critters, not to mention the (day birds) hawks..
Hopefully I'll be able to sort my camera out n post pics, they are so cute & they know me too.. :D

I guess I did the right thing... :icon_scratch:

Here are a few of them..

Molly.. :)

Attachments

• P.jpg
    P.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 153

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful bords Molly ! I would call it justifiable ..... rage.... I know normally would leave a Rat snake alone but.....

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Beautiful bords Molly ! I would call it justifiable ..... rage.... I know normally would leave a Rat snake alone but.....

Hi MG, Now I think about it, I was justified, snakes are a pest..
Yes they are beautiful birds, tame too..

Molly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions