Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Outing

As I was herding the cattle into another pasture, I noticed one of my 1st time heifers in labor, before I could finish with the herd she had headed for the woods. I finished my chores and hopped on the ATV to go find her. After searching & finding, she still needed a little more time, I headed for the house for my camera...I thought I would snap a few pics around and about while waiting on delivery.

today (2).jpg
Caterpillars on oak​

today3 (2).jpg
Mayhaws ready for picking​

today4 (2).jpg
Blackberry blossoms​

today5 (2).jpg
Louisiana Iris

today9 (2).jpg
Shamrocks & wild strawberries

today6 (2).jpg
There she is​

Today7.jpg
Less than 1 hr old...not sure if heifer or bull yet.​

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Bounty Hunter 3300 w/4" coil
Re: Today's Outing

Thank you for the great pictures. Not much is green, blooming, crawling or being born up here in New England. I like your day over my traffic, city landscape and office work. hh blue.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pics Judie. Especially the little heifer/bull.
Thanks for sharin'

Molly.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great pic's Judie, to tell if it's a 'Bull or heifer', (raise it's tail), ;D, sorry, couldn't help myself.

Fossis...............

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fossis said:
Great pic's Judie, to tell if it's a 'Bull or heifer', (raise it's tail), ;D, sorry, couldn't help myself.

Fossis...............

;D I really didn't have much protection in the woods, other than behind a tree...never, never approach or trust a cow with a new born. So I was taking precaution, I just took her some feed & hay but still did not get too close. I did notice then that the calf is a little bull.

:wink: RR

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum

Ohmigawd the caterpillars are so creepy. I hate them. When my grandma lived in Lakeview we'd run from the house to the street to get to the school bus to avoid falling caterpillars. They sting bad.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Judie I am so sorry I missed this until today. All the pictures are great, but that little bull has the cutest markings! Congratulations on the new addition!

P.S. What are Mayhaws?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Wow! Looks like spring is really warming up down there. :thumbsup: The calf spots look like a Roarshard (sp) ink test. LOL

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The trees are just starting to bud and or leaf out a little here. Glad to see someone is having a real spring. I was out hunting once...I know here goes another story ::) , and a new mamma cow with big horns spied me walking along a trail. She charged me and I was run around and around a big oak tree 3 or 4 times before she finally went back to her calf. I thought I was going to have to shoot her to get away and that wouldn't sit well with whoever owned the cow and calf. They weren't supposed to be on my hunting lease anyway but I guess she wandered over to drop the calf? Those newborn are cute little things. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread