fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great clarity in the pic, I used to raise 'Mallards', their fun to have around, the Grandkids would laugh watching when they would dive under & go halfway across the pond before they would pop up.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Thank you Molly !

Thanks Fossis for your kind words!

Thank you Muddy feet. That pair kept swimming a head of me down this creek and it was hard to get a shot off. This was taken in the evening. I like it when the sun is at a certain point when setting because it really brings out detail and color.
Van

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great pic, VanGone. You guys on here inspired me, so I went to the store and bought a Canon EOS Rebel XS, and hopefully I can figure it out.

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
RGINN said:
That's a great pic, VanGone. You guys on here inspired me, so I went to the store and bought a Canon EOS Rebel XS, and hopefully I can figure it out.
Thanks RGINN. You bought a good camera and you will really enjoy it. Mine is a Canon Rebel XTI. I believe yours is a better model then the one I have.
Van

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Bridge End Farm said:
I might be wrong

but don't they pair for life ?

nope I was wrong went and looked

Mallards form pairs only until the female lays eggs, at which time she is left by the male.

thanks great pic and I learned something

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Bridge End Farm said:
Bridge End Farm said:
I might be wrong

but don't they pair for life ?

nope I was wrong went and looked

Mallards form pairs only until the female lays eggs, at which time she is left by the male.

thanks great pic and I learned something
Thanks for your comments Bridge End Farms. I believe Canadian Geese may mate for life,but I don't know that for a fact.
Van

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
My camera is a FujiFilm S2000HD, not an SLR.....NGE

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
nowgittineverything said:
My camera is a FujiFilm S2000HD, not an SLR.....NGE
NGE I'm not familiar with that camera,but do own film cameras,and theres nothing wrong with them. Lots of people prefer film over digital whether it be a point and shoot or a SLR Digital. The SLR that I have is the entry level camera of the SLR kind.Ive seen pretty darn good picture taken with cheap digital . A friend just bought one at a pawn shop for 50 bucks that does a great job and Mental Granny just got one the same way and is taking great shots. All in how you look at it.I bought mine to take pictures to use as reference for things in paintings that I do and it serves its purpose well. JMO
Van

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I still have my Fujifilm A-210 point and shoot 3.2 mp, I just wanted more settings to play with, to be able to be more creative. The HD stands for High Definition in the record mode. Also my old camera didn't have sound for the videos, my new one does. I also own a Zeiss 35mm film camera, which I can't find, but it is around here somewhere. I also print my own pics, and 3.2mp's doesn't quite cut it for 8X10 pics, my new camera is 10mp's, and now I can have my pics blown up to 20 X 30 poster size with no pixel problems. I also enter at least 10 photo contests a year locally, no big wins as of yet, but I keep trying. Here are a few that I have entered in previous years contests.....NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
here's the pics......

Attachments

• God\'s canvas #4..jpg
    God\'s canvas #4..jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 145
  • God\'s canvas.jpg
    God\'s canvas.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 145
  • God\'s canvas #4..jpg
    God\'s canvas #4..jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 142
  • newburgh sunset #2..jpg
    newburgh sunset #2..jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
nowgittineverything said:
here's the pics......
Awesome pictures NGE,Looks like you should win in my opinion. YOU are correct about the 3 pixel problem when it comes to blowing up to large sizes. I don't claim to be an expert when it comes to photography. I just point and shoot and hope the camera knows what its doing.As for you entering photo contest and not winning,its just a matter of time and you will. Your pictures are excellent well composed pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
Van

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Believe it or not, all these pics were taken with that 3.2 mp camera, I used tripod with it. I have an awesome ( in my opinion) photo program; Microsoft Picture it Express 7.0. Would love to be able to afford Photo shop. But I believe that it encourages people to do things that are not true in their photos, IMHO. Check out some of my posts in " My Daily Snapshot " on T-Net here, some are with my new cam and others are with my old one, BTW, the video on here about the geese was done with my new camera.....NGE

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mallards are great pic I cant wait to get out and take more pics myself would love to get some like that! :icon_sunny:
Love the sunset pics too! Going to try to be outside at sunset usually I'm in the kitchen :icon_scratch:
Well I went and looked BEF CG do mate for life they find a mate in the 2nd year of life and stay togeather unless one dies the other MIGHT find a new mate. Very cool! :thumbsup: :icon_study:

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
COUNTRY GIRL said:
You captured that picture at the perfect moment Van. I always look forward to your photos, thanks so much for sharing with us!
Thanks CG,for your kind words. Always enjoy seeing your posts also. I don't get on here as much as I would like,but do manage to look at the pictures. If you have shot any pictures of neat barns since you got your new camera,please post them. I'm always looking for barns to use in paintings.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
NGE I will check out your previous posts, Thanks
Van

Mental Granny thanks for the info. Get out and shoot some shots with that new camera,its fun to see what others are seeing.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread