Fungi/Mushrooms.

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
thrity7, id give them about another week, the way they come up here is usually they'll come up in the western part of the state first, then work there way my way to the east. If your finding some in a certain place keep watching that place, take note of the trees around that area.. They love certain trees, thats my rule of thumb.....look up trees they like. If you was apart of that ice storm back in the winter you should have awesome luck..The mushrooms seemed to have loved it, there everywhere here....

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Here is a picture of the "Verpa" aka False Morel... I didn't take this pic but found it on a great morel site, thought i would post it.... when hunting morels watch out for these -Ki-

Attachments

• verpa aka false morel.jpg
    verpa aka false morel.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 121

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is something i found interesting jamey

Attachments

• IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ki, you sure have a nice pan full. :o Nice photography too.. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the "Verpa", now we know what to avoid. Looks kinda ugly though, I would have been cautious finding that one.

Nice pic Jamey, it really is amazing just how many fungi's there are in the woods. Rainned here for months now, on & off, should be a good day to take my camera in the woods..

Thanks for posting everyone. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Thank you molly, your pictures are very beautiful as well...Have you had any luck finding any morels? The main tip i can give is to look for the trees they love to grow under, ive been finding mine mainly under certain ash trees. Depending on where you live they should be up in your area... -Ki-

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
I have not had any luck finding any other mushrooms, I've been keeping my eye out while hunting for morels. I'd love to get a few pic of some others besides morels, i love mushrooms like you do Molly, maybe you could idenify some for me... Id love to take several pictures of the same morel in its life cycle, but its hard keeping turkeys out of the patches...
here is pic of a yellow morel around 2 days old.

Attachments

• ky morels 4-16-09 002.jpg
    ky morels 4-16-09 002.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 96

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Molly what part of Va - Nc do you live? what area are you looking for morels, i may be able to help you if i had a better idea of the landscape and topograghy of the area in which your searching :icon_study: :wink: .. send personal message if you wanna be secret about your area.. hope i can help -Ki- :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread