doubleyolk 002 (Small).jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 246

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny halfdime, we were just discussing double-yolkers and the odds of getting one jusy yesterday. Odds are best if you get your eggs from a local egg farmer. The eggs in the store, for the most part, are candled and the double-yolkers and other malfunctions are removed.
Get this though. We have 17 laying hens that really put out the eggs. We have gotten 6 or 8 double yolkers from them and once, just this past Fall, my grandson got a triple-yolker! My daughter-in-law has found another very large one and has put it aside in the fridge. We are going to at least video the cracking just in case it's another tripe. She said it is surely, at least, a double. If it's a triple, I'll post a pic on your post here.
btw, we sell our eggs for $1.50 dz just to help pay for the feed. The chickens are penned but have a large area to roam in. My son told me that, as I type this, he has let them out of the pen to free range. They are fun to raise and the eggs can't be beat. All natural, no hormones. Do you have your own??

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
packerbacker said:
Funny halfdime, we were just discussing double-yolkers and the odds of getting one jusy yesterday. Odds are best if you get your eggs from a local egg farmer. The eggs in the store, for the most part, are candled and the double-yolkers and other malfunctions are removed.
Get this though. We have 17 laying hens that really put out the eggs. We have gotten 6 or 8 double yolkers from them and once, just this past Fall, my grandson got a triple-yolker! My daughter-in-law has found another very large one and has put it aside in the fridge. We are going to at least video the cracking just in case it's another tripe. She said it is surely, at least, a double. If it's a triple, I'll post a pic on your post here.
btw, we sell our eggs for $1.50 dz just to help pay for the feed. The chickens are penned but have a large area to roam in. My son told me that, as I type this, he has let them out of the pen to free range. They are fun to raise and the eggs can't be beat. All natural, no hormones. Do you have your own??
No, I don't have chickens; these were fresh yesterday at Costco!

taz in omaha ne

Mar 15, 2009
Omaha Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White's XLT E-Series Metal Detector + Garrett MH ADS-7 + Garrett GTA-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL thats funny wonder how many came to look thinking it was coin pics LoL :thumbsup: :coffee2:

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Sunny Side Up or Over Easy ... ???
I guess the correct term would be over easy (?). And I've found two more eggs with double yolks in the same package. Now if only I could translate this into old silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread