Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
It was a dreary day this past Tuesday, but I had to make the trip as we were low on provisions. The road to Cooper's ferry was muddy, and the horses were barely able to keep there footing. Before boarding Mr. Cooper's ferry, we had tea and buscuits. The crossing was uneventfull. The winds were light and the rain let up long enough for us to stand on the quarter deck for the journey.

As you can see by the picture, the gaslights were lit even though evening was still two hours off. After a restless night at the tavern at Red Lion, we arrived by daybreak at Mr. Coopers ferry for the journey home.

Attachments

• 2009_04120025.JPG
    2009_04120025.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 202

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil, that looks like something out the old days. I would like that pic blowed up & framed. Its excellent.
If you ever go there again in the summer, can you take another pic please.. I might get my friend to oil paint that for me..

Thanks for sharin with us.

Molly.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Molly said:
Neil, that looks like something out the old days. I would like that pic blowed up & framed. Its excellent.
If you ever go there again in the summer, can you take another pic please.. I might get my friend to oil paint that for me..

Thanks for sharin with us.

Molly.

Molly,

Thanks for the comments... It is actually a snapshot of a 19th century painting hanging in the Philadelphia Art Museum. I forgot who the artist is...I believe it is a European Artist beginning with the letter "G". I am trying to find it on their website, but I am not having any luck, perhaps someone in the forum will recognize the painting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread