Stinky Visitor

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
This poor thing was beaten up pretty bad. He was hurting and could barely walk.
All he wanted was a place to hide out and be safe to recoupe for a bit.
My neighbors seen him and called me to let me know he was in front of my porch.

b.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

Then she tells me she had called the police to come down and shoot it and get rid of it.
I was soooooo not happy! I went out to see where it was (with my camera in hand :wink: )
When I seen how bad of shape it was in, I really felt sorry for it. He actually left me get real close,
within about 2 feet from him. You could here little noises, and a crying sound. I was almost in tears.

Well the State police came, he got out of his car with hand on gun, looked at me and said "Where is the skunk?"

I said "he went inside the hole underneath my bedroom window, he's hurt pretty bad and just wants to be left alone."

The cop says, "You think there is any chance I could get him out of there?"

I said " Not a chance in H*** without getting sprayed, then you better run like derby horse in the Kentucky 500 cause I will be shooting you. I don't wanna to see it get shot and I definitely don't want to smell this for the next few weeks."

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow and said "Hmmm!! You think it'll be alright right where he is until he decides to move on?"

I said "YEP, ur job is done, now go find some criminals that need locked up and leave this poor thing alone."

He said "Have a nice day Ma'am", tipped his hat and left. LoL

The skunk was spared only to meet his demise 2 days later when the neighbors across the street found it trying to get underneath their house and shot it :'(

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Really nice pics and story, Tammy. Skunks are a beautiful animal. If descented they make a good pet. Thanks for posting.

DM

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Thanks everyone. I wish it hadn't gone across the street either but really it probably was best. It was in bad shape and getting worse. At least now it's not in pain anymore.

I'm not so sure I would want one as a pet. I had a cousin that had one as a pet. He had it for probably 6 years. Friendliest little critter to boot.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got to pet one once it was the cutest thing! The people had twins de smelled! ;D Plus they had an albino .... they adopted wild critters that people had tried to have as pets.. she even had a gator that went with her to answer the door to salesmen and strangers! :o They left in a hurry!

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
Just a "heads up" for you:

Skunks are real high on the rabies carrier list. What appears to be "injured" behavior can also be the erratic behavior of a rabid animal. Give him LOTS of room, and if you find him dead, BURY HIM DEEP ENOUGH THAT DOGS AND OTHER CRITTERS WILL NOT DIG HIM UP.

Better safe than sorry where rabies is concerned.

Diggem'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions