Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a picture my daughter took of a fenceline that seems to stretch on forever across the wide open prairie. We were riding the four wheeler(ATV) down to the creek and she took this shot. The pasture had been burned and everything was pristine and clean! You could see a looooong ways! Beauty can be found in many things :wink:.
kind regards~~sandcreek4

Attachments

• P1060961.JPG
    P1060961.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 308

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A beautiful pic, but from a "wanna-be" cowboy, don't fence me in.... TTC

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC said:
My husband is a cowboy on a ranch so that's funny TerryC ;D--all the ranches in this area usually "burn off" in the spring to get ready for cattle. That's why most of these pastures along this fenceline are burned. It won't be long until the Big Bluestem grows back and fattens up all those steers. Then in July/August, they'll ship the cattle back out again to the feedlots to finish them out before they become hamburger patties--yum yum :hello2:---"BEEF ITS WHATS FOR DINNER, TONIGHT!" :wink:
Kind regards~~sandcreek4

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sandcreek4 said:
TerryC said:
My husband is a cowboy on a ranch so that's funny TerryC ;D--all the ranches in this area usually "burn off" in the spring to get ready for cattle. That's why most of these pastures along this fenceline are burned. It won't be long until the Big Bluestem grows back and fattens up all those steers. Then in July/August, they'll ship the cattle back out again to the feedlots to finish them out before they become hamburger patties--yum yum :hello2:---"BEEF ITS WHATS FOR DINNER, TONIGHT!" :wink:
Kind regards~~sandcreek4

You've got a point there, creek. TTC I LOVE my steak! NY strip or porterhouse!

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TerryC said:
sandcreek4 said:
TerryC said:
Kind regards~~sandcreek4

You've got a point there, creek. TTC I LOVE my steak! NY strip or porterhouse!
See when you eat steak, you can think of those cowboys back in Oklahoma! regards, sandcreek4

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And think of me too!! I raise beef cattle too, and I know what it like putting up a fence just like that.
Maybe not that long that it stretches on forever. It's a lot of hard work. Neat pic, thanks for sharing with us.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
And think of me too!! I raise beef cattle too, and I know what it like putting up a fence just like that.
Maybe not that long that it stretches on forever. It's a lot of hard work. Neat pic, thanks for sharing with us.

:wink: RR
Thanks for the kind words, River Rat! You're right about it being a lot of hard work--my husband has been building about 5 miles of fence, setting corner posts and building gates. He's tired of looking :tard: at it ,but we thought it was purty!
regards~~sandcreek4

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
If there were a soup kitchen nearby, I could live in that field, and post on TreasureNet with my imaginary computer.

That would be idyllic. There is nothing better than soup in a field.
:laughing9: :laughing3: :laughing11:

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabfry said:
It always amazes me how straight they can keep those things!
Yeah, me too, Tabfry! When my husband had me help him set some posts, I got them crooked :icon_scratch:. I can't see a straight line for lovin' or money! ;D
BTW---Nice fish in your avatar :thumbsup:!
Kind Regards--sandcreek4

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
I know my fence would be crooked! :tard: But what great pic!
Thanks MG! glad you liked the picture!
sandcreek4

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hated buildin fence. Can you imagine buildin that line with bois d'arc fence posts? I have a particular aversion to posthole diggers combined with sandrock. Thank goodness Atwoods came along with all the modern conveniences and we could cut our work time down to only maybe 4 or 5 fourteen hour days. Good pic; makes me almost homesick.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I hated buildin fence. Can you imagine buildin that line with bois d'arc fence posts? I have a particular aversion to posthole diggers combined with sandrock. Thank goodness Atwoods came along with all the modern conveniences and we could cut our work time down to only maybe 4 or 5 fourteen hour days. Good pic; makes me almost homesick.
My husband HATES building fence too, RGINN! But he has a tractor and an auger to help! He still drives a lot of posts by hand. The ranch my husband works on has replaced almost all the old "bois d'arc" fence posts. Those things will last 100's of years, though! Probably be around when the t-posts are long rotted away!
One thing strange about the bois d'arc posts--they won't burn! No matter how many times you light them ;D.
Thanks for the comments, RGINN--kind regards, sandcreek4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions