fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took the youngest Grandson on an 'outing' to look for bugs for his 'terrarium', we didn't find any to collect, but we walked around this old "strip pit' & found a few fossils, & took some pic's of 'Fox tail plants', (notice his tail), :D & got pic's of a few different tree blooms.
We dug Mrs. Fossis some cattail plants, plus foxtail plants & a nice 'Iris' from an old house place, & saw a large snake, (Rat snake I think).

Fossis............

Attachments

• outing with Grandson 009.JPG
    outing with Grandson 009.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 210
  • outing with Grandson 010.JPG
    outing with Grandson 010.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 216
  • outing with Grandson 003.JPG
    outing with Grandson 003.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 208
  • outing with Grandson 001.JPG
    outing with Grandson 001.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 207
  • outing with Grandson 007.JPG
    outing with Grandson 007.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 209
  • outing with Grandson 012.JPG
    outing with Grandson 012.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 204
  • outing with Grandson 015.JPG
    outing with Grandson 015.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 195
  • outing with Grandson 017.JPG
    outing with Grandson 017.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 213

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe you didn't find no bugs to collect down there in Little Dixie right now. Maybe he wanted certain kinds. That one grandson of ours went home this week but next month we'll be down in Oklahoma and see that other one. I think we'll go camp out on the creek and run lines all night. Them kids are lucky they have us to teach them how to have a good time with no money, especially nowadays.

Muddy Feet

Feb 13, 2009
MN
Some cool fossils there. If you want, I could send you some wood ticks, there seems to be enough to spare around here. ;D ;D

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures Fossis! That snake looks like its ready to strike!
I love to see all the fossils you find and you're making memories with your grandson :thumbsup:.
kind regards~~sandcreek4

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I can't believe you didn't find no bugs to collect down there in Little Dixie right now. Maybe he wanted certain kinds. That one grandson of ours went home this week but next month we'll be down in Oklahoma and see that other one. I think we'll go camp out on the creek and run lines all night. Them kids are lucky they have us to teach them how to have a good time with no money, especially nowadays.

I must admit I didn't look too hard for bugs, lol, but he had a good outing with Grandpa.
I try & get him away from the 'video games' all I can, they need to learn all they can from the 'old timers', & i promised two Grandsons a camp out with 'limb lines' in the next few weeks, we have a new tent & ready to go.

Fossis..........................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy Feet said:
Some cool fossils there. If you want, I could send you some wood ticks, there seems to be enough to spare around here. ;D ;D

Thanks, I will 'decline the offer' of the wood ticks, we have plenty, plus (no see ums), chiggers. :-\

Fossis.................

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Great pictures Fossis! That snake looks like its ready to strike!
I love to see all the fossils you find and you're making memories with your grandson :thumbsup:.
kind regards~~sandcreek4

Thanks, I just touched its nose to get it to back up & get a better pic, we are having fun. :thumbsup:

Fossis.................

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope y'all get out and catch a few. I wonder what them kids will listen to and remember from us. I remember everything my grand and great grand parents told me and hold to it. My grandkids will probably remembered it as 'quaint views expressed by my grandpa.' And the great-grandkids may stumble across me in a website like this. I hope they see that one picture of me and my guitar.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandkids are the world and we need to teach them as much as we can and show them as much love as possible!

Great shots I need to be adopted temporary! ;D My grandkids are gonna be out as much as I can find place to take them this summer!

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
I hope y'all get out and catch a few. I wonder what them kids will listen to and remember from us. I remember everything my grand and great grand parents told me and hold to it. My grandkids will probably remembered it as 'quaint views expressed by my grandpa.' And the great-grandkids may stumble across me in a website like this. I hope they see that one picture of me and my guitar.

I think they will remember a lot that we teach them.

Fossis...............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Grandkids are the world and we need to teach them as much as we can and show them as much love as possible!

Great shots I need to be adopted temporary! ;D My grandkids are gonna be out as much as I can find place to take them this summer!

My Grandaughter has almost quit me, she stays in the house more, (she has an older Aunt) , that is about 12, so they think about boys more than Nature trips. ???

Fossis...............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pink locust?

I was going to ask someone if they knew what it is, it has 'fuzzy limbs' near the end & thorny.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digginman said:
Great outing, fossis. Love the fossils. Keep that little man outside and away from the video games.

DM

Thanks, I try, but he got a new one in the mail today. >:(

Fossis................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread