Move from Hell (Ooltewah, Tenn. to Michigan)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Whew...What a trip, a weekend turned into 2 weeks! Because my wife's brother in law does not properly maintain his vehicles, a weekend move turned into a 2 week nightmare. One breakdown after another and a ticket to boot. I will not go into the details, but if you are not a cheapo when it comes to maintaining your private vehicles, then your trip will go much more as planned, this will be the last of my trips to Tennessee. So therefore these are the last of my highway pics along I-75 North and South. I will however get back to taking pics of my favorite things, such as God's creatures and His pallette of colors and beauty. These are some old barns and other structures that I tried to take at 90mph. Southbound on I-75 as my brother in law was driving. If anyone can tell me what kind of purple flowering trees that are planted all along I-75 through Tenn. and Ken. are, it would be greatly appreciated..........NGE

Attachments

• just passing by.jpg
    just passing by.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 265
  • just passing by.jpg
    just passing by.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 278
  • hidden barn.jpg
    hidden barn.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 275
  • flat black barn.jpg
    flat black barn.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 260
  • Deere park.jpg
    Deere park.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 271
  • collapsed barn.jpg
    collapsed barn.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 281
  • bygone barns.jpg
    bygone barns.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 274
  • just passing by.jpg
    just passing by.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 279

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now those are some great sites..... please give more details about your move ? Sounds intresting!

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Nice shots of the country side.

Yeah, know what you mean about vehicles - been there, done that!
Hated it! (when I was a poor college student)

Well at least you'll never forget THAT trip!
Now, turn your lens towards some of those finer creations you mentioned. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Uncle vinny's, The problem is, this guy is loaded! He buys his vehicles from unscrupulous used car lots, drives a 1997 GMC Savannah that he uses like a Mack dump truck, they just recently purchased a 2001 PT Bruiser from the same lot, it is broken, doesn't run anymore (never will) doesn't want to spend any money on it. His son (my nephew) was smarter, he bought a 2000 Durango from a friend 3 years ago and it runs like a champ. He has seen his dad's bullheaded mistakes and refuses to work on his vehicles. Dad is trying to get him to go to mechanics school, but the kid is smarter than that, he wants to be an over the road truck driver :wink:. I have been telling his dad what is wrong with his vehicles, and he refuses to listen. When they break down, the problem is what I told him to begin with ;D. Then I tell him, "would've been much cheeper if ya listened to me" ;D.......NGE

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
good to have ya back. I thought once people from here go to Tennessee, they don,t come back. there must have been alot less traffic going north.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Muleskinner, we saw alot of Penske trucks heading south, while we were headin' North, Big time migration going on.........NGE

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the road pics, as I spent a lot of time on it. If you have a pic of the trees, post it. I'm not familiar with the country but maybe they're redbuds? As to vehicles, my first car cost me 75 dollars in 1970. After that, it was filler up with oil and check the gas for a long old time. But I always had my own jumper cables. The high point of the vehicle related part of my life was when I traded in my pick-up with less than 50,000 miles on it (paid for) for a new one. I have arrived. Good pics.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was thinking tulip trees. jamey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread