Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pretty neat photgraph of the Delta Queen going up the Tennessee River with Lookout Mountain in the background.My sister snapped the shot and e-mailed it to me. I added a little sepia to if for effect. It looks as if it could have been taken during the Civil War. You can see why the battle on Lookout mtn was called "The battle above the clouds". The picture was taken from my sisters dock on the river in Chattanooga. The famous cracker line was right below this where the pontoon briges were built that the Union crossed. Gun pits are still on the hills behind me. Across the river is Moccasin Bend a 12000 year old indian site and where De-Soto stopped in 1545? something...
TnMountains

Attachments

• IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 364

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are getting me reved up,great shot. jamey

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did deSoto really stop at Moccasin Bend??? Man, that's just too weird. I found out a few years ago about deSoto and his 500 troops leaving my hometown back in Florida (St Pete/Tampa area) and heading all the way up to the Ozarks, right around here in Springfield, Missouri where I've gone to Bible College over the last 6 years. I actually go right through Chattanooga on my way to and from Florida. That's really neat...

I really like your photo too, btw! I've always wanted to go out on a paddle wheeler... and that one looks really beautiful!! :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
Did deSoto really stop at Moccasin Bend??? Man, that's just too weird. I found out a few years ago about deSoto and his 500 troops leaving my hometown back in Florida (St Pete/Tampa area) and heading all the way up to the Ozarks, right around here in Springfield, Missouri where I've gone to Bible College over the last 6 years. I actually go right through Chattanooga on my way to and from Florida. That's really neat...

I really like your photo too, btw! I've always wanted to go out on a paddle wheeler... and that one looks really beautiful!! :)

Bran <><
Yeah I know De soto did some travel in his day.He was at Moccasin bend and at williams island below it. They also have found spanish trade goods and a conquistador helmet in a cave there. Thanks for looking and good luck with school

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Nice picture! I saw the Delta Queen at McGregor Iowa a couple years ago. I'd like to go for a cruise on one but I've heard it's pretty expensive.

Thanks,
SV

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Beautiful pic Tn! I love the wheelers! They have several sternwheel festivals here along the Ohio river. They go right by the house and we love to go out and take pics and wave to the passengers. All three of the queens have passed by here, and they are all gorgeous vessels. Trouble is, they always have their stacks down because of the bridges. Here is Delta's big sister, American Queen(stacks down :(), on her way back down New Orleans way.

Attachments

• amqueen.JPG
    amqueen.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 308
OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEinWV said:
Beautiful pic Tn! I love the wheelers! They have several sternwheel festivals here along the Ohio river. They go right by the house and we love to go out and take pics and wave to the passengers. All three of the queens have passed by here, and they are all gorgeous vessels. Trouble is, they always have their stacks down because of the bridges. Here is Delta's big sister, American Queen(stacks down :(), on her way back down New Orleans way.
Now where else are you going to post a picture and get such a great one back. I love seeing the sister ship. Even with the stacks down. It would be great to do like a three day journey on one. There are also several on the bottom of the river here from the wars.
Take care and thanks for sharing your picture of the sister ship.
TnMountains

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picture, TnMountains!
Is Lookout Mountain a state park?
You have some wonderful history in your area and are very blessed with all that beautiful scenery!
kind regards~~sandcreek4

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mcgearhead said:
That's a really cool lookin' pic ! Com'in up as kids, my parents took us up to Fall creek falls every year, sometimes twice ! Seeing these pics brought back some really nice old memories ! Just curious if you know of the w road, and years ago there used to be a house built like a ufo on that road, do you know if it is still there ?

Yes the space ship house is still on W road going up Signal mtn. We loved it as kids also. Everyone expects it to be gone one day with a burnt spot below it :icon_jokercolor:
Cya
TnMtns

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Great picture, TnMountains!
Is Lookout Mountain a state park?
You have some wonderful history in your area and are very blessed with all that beautiful scenery!
kind regards~~sandcreek4
Hey Sandcreek

Parts of Lookout mtn are under the park service where the Civil war battles were and camps. A lot of it is not. Diffrent trust keep buying more and donating it. Yes its beautiful but the mountain runs down into georgia and then alabama so there is way to much to be just a park. I have a lot of friends that have homes there.I am glad that Chattanooga is finally being cleaned and restored and getting away from the tourist trap mentality. Have your eggs hatched yet on your other post? :thumbsup:
TnMountains

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wanted to hitch a ride on the Riverboat Queen. Beautiful pic :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Muddy Treats

Mar 28, 2009
Where The Rivers Meet, WV
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, very nice shot. The Delta Queen use to dock here alot (Marietta, Ohio). She is a real beauty! I hear she is for sale now. :( Captain Mary B. Greene is known to haunt it.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Someday I'll ride on one of them. When I was growing up other kids were reading comic books but I was reading Mark Twain and laughing out loud, hard. 'Life on the Mississippi' was one of my favorites. The boat makes me think of that. And yeah, CCR was one of my favorite bands. (Revival, not Revisited) Thanks for the pics.

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the comments. I guess we all could go in and buy her and take a cruise? What a care free life that would be.
Regards,
TnMountains

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I'm all for that!

But a boat is NEVER, EVER, carefree!
And a ship must be even more so!

;-)

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
That is a great picture. Good subject, nice lighting, interesting atmosphere.

My great grandmother lived on Lookout Mountain when I was very young. She was a very cold person.

Thank you. It is a very cold mountain and does have its clicks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread