rogers lake, az

• Thread starter pippinwhitepaws
  • Start date
OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

oh yea..bobcats are a thing of concern...we have a rabies epidemic in the area just now...so i admit..i ran back to the car fast...lol

yes...crust of mud in the center of the lake...about 1 foot of water...size of an average stock pond...

we have had this drought going on for years...get a couple of good snow storms...then poof...clear sky and wind...

there does seem to be a bit more water around this year...but this drought is hanging on...

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of area here under flood warning but, i am trying hard not to complain cause in 2 weeks we will want more rain and a breeze! Tonight predictions are flooding areas 70mile winds up to softball size hail, and possible tornados! :coffee2:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didnt know it was illeagle to pick em up,sorry didnt want to tell ya to break the law.but if its on a reservation,shouldnt it be your property. jamey

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Boy! That sure looks like a glory hole dosen't it? Comming from Colorado I have ran into a few...Literally! Is there Gold in that field? That may explain the "caved in" Effect. Very cool looking picture nevertheless!

OP
OP
P

pippinwhitepaws

caved in: this is a lava flow...not many metallic minerals found up here...the lava left large caverns under the surface...it appears this was a lava flow that caved in long after the original lava flow...
about 50 miles northeast, there is a cavern...said to be large enough for a 20 story building to sit without touching the walls...the entrance is called the "blow hole"....as wind comes out of the earth at 30+mph.
i had hoped to enter this one, even though it is a dead hole, no wind...
a fellow was doing some research on the cavern system in the 1960's, claimed to have traced the system to verde valley, 50+ miles south...he research is suspect...but the forest service/national park service have closed the entrances soooooo...i keep looking for a new entrance.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i guees the only good thing i can tell ya is about the crater of diamonds state park in arkansas.7 dollars and fiffty cents will let you dig all day and keep any diamods you find,some big ones come out of there but i have only found small ones,maybe you could do better.i go ever so often.last time i went i picked up a female hicthhiker in tenn who was headed your way,she was the best find that time. jamey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread