Thanks Van! They are back........the grape jelly is a HIT!

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300

Attachments

• oriole.jpg
    oriole.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 361
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Great shot Diggem! :thumbsup: You should try the jelly, I have the Oriole feeder like yours, but they sure do like that grape jelly. Must have a bigger sweet beak than we thought! :D

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
I been feeding orioles for years and found the love the grape jelly, but I take an orange and cut it in half and then when the orioles eat the inside of the orange up you will have a great little natural bowl for the jelly to sit in :D

Slipperyjack47

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slipperyjack47 said:
I been feeding orioles for years and found the love the grape jelly, but I take an orange and cut it in half and then when the orioles eat the inside of the orange up you will have a great little natural bowl for the jelly to sit in :D

Slipperyjack47

That's exactly what I do and it works great!!! I tried some apple/grape jelly this time and so far the orioles and rose breasted grossbeaks aren't showing alot if interest in it... :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Strictly grape jelly, in an orange bowl, I love it! Thanks guys! :icon_sunny:

Well I may have attracted another male, two males were bickering over the one female. :wink: Bring on the little ones!

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COUNTRY GIRL said:
Strictly grape jelly, in an orange bowl, I love it! Thanks guys! :icon_sunny:

Well I may have attracted another male, two males were bickering over the one female. :wink: Bring on the little ones!

So long as they don;t kill each other fighting over that one female..... ::)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pics GIRL. I am located near Red Bluff, CA, way North in the state, and the Orioles aren't common to this area either but I usually spot a few each year. They don't hang around although I wish they did.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Kimmie, Kimmie, Kimmie......

Do you realize how far I had to scroll to find your latest photo post? You and I need to talk! :tongue3:

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
:-[ Wes, Life has been pretty hectic, not much time left to play. :-[

But...............I did catch one of the females at the grape jelly, so I owe you her picture. We are up to two pair, I am thrilled to have them around. I'm on my fourth jar of jelly, started buying it in bulk. :D

I'll try to get you that picture tonight, tomarrow morning at the latest.

Wait until you see the garden the hubby built me! You're gonna love it! :wink:

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
COUNTRY GIRL said:
This is the only good shot I got, enjoy!
Good capture CG. I have moved to a different house and have not had any come to our jelly. Something a person who is in the bird business told me is to get that jelly out early.In Iowa about March April.So I will see if it helps next year.Glad to see your enjoying them.
Van

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I really do enjoy seeing them daily Van, thanks so much for the jelly suggestion. One day all 4 of them were here off and on for hours, the girls were at the pool watching with me, they said Kim why don't you have your camera, they keep coming? I said as soon as I grab it they will stop coming..........sure enough! :D

Good luck to you next year Van!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
pretty oriole. did you know their are several different types? they are all pretty to me, the only bird i like better is the purple martin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions