Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
steve71 said:
sandcreek4 said:
steve71 said:
nice pics
Wow, Steve, looks like you're seeing lots of wildlife too! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us!
regards~sandcreek4
did you find that cornertang knife?sweet
No, the corner tang knife was found by my grandpa back in the 1960's. He found three of them on the same gravel bar! What are the odds in something like that happening??!! I think he found them at different times, but I bet they were made by the same indian since they all came from one location. They are my favorite pieces out of grandpa's collection. Here's some pics of the other two.
regards~~sandcreek

Attachments

• P1080041.JPG
    P1080041.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 199
  • P1080042.JPG
    P1080042.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 189

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Looks like ya'll had a great time, I'm so glad the weather is cooperating. Glad to see the horny toad! They are disappearing fast in a lot of places in Oklahoma. Same with the jackrabbit. We feasted on bass Mon. evening. And Tues for lunch and again Tues. for supper! Nice pictures, I always enjoy them.

naturegirl

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the wildlife pics, Sand :thumbsup: Congrats on that 5 pounder...I always loved fishing, was my daddy's fishing buddy. He's the one who stuck River Rat on me when I was knee high to a duck. ;D
Know how you hold the bass by their mouth? Don't tempt that with a speckled trout, they have sharp "fangs". Just ask Steve (you can see em in the pic).

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Nice stringer of bass :thumbsup: Looks like mother nature can be found everywhere ::)
Thanks crazyjarhead! We saw a little bit of everything that day--it was kinda freaky how everything seemed to be out running around. We saw a prairie chicken and a raccoon, too, but didn't get pictures of them.
regards~~sandcreek4
naturegirl said:
Looks like ya'll had a great time, I'm so glad the weather is cooperating. Glad to see the horny toad! They are disappearing fast in a lot of places in Oklahoma. Same with the jackrabbit. We feasted on bass Mon. evening. And Tues for lunch and again Tues. for supper! Nice pictures, I always enjoy them.

naturegirl
Thanks naturegirl! I remember when I was little, my grandpa used to always bring horny toads in from his leases for us to play with. He would find them around his wells(pump jacks). I think they are making a comeback as are the prairie chickens and jack rabbits.
We "feasted" on our bass for two days ;D. You just can't buy taste like that in the grocery store!!
regards~~sandcreek
River Rat said:
Love the wildlife pics, Sand :thumbsup: Congrats on that 5 pounder...I always loved fishing, was my daddy's fishing buddy. He's the one who stuck River Rat on me when I was knee high to a duck. ;D
Know how you hold the bass by their mouth? Don't tempt that with a speckled trout, they have sharp "fangs". Just ask Steve (you can see em in the pic).

:wink: RR
Thanks RiverRat! I never did too much fishing when I was young but love it now! Just love that thrill you get when a fish hits the end of the line really hard and tries to take off with it!!! Nothing compares!!
Glad you enjoyed the wildlife pics, too--my daughter loves sharing them with everyone!
Kind regards~~sandcreek4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread