carrot5.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 482
  • carrot6.jpg
    carrot6.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 480
T

trish76642

LOL...look at his little face!!! :D

Im tell'n ya packer...you are the BEST Grandpa....

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words. My son asked him what his secret was to growing such nice carrots in so short a time. My grandson took his foot and slowly tapped the cow pie with the tip of his shoe and said "Right there". I about lost it.
Yesterday I asked him if he had told his teacher about the carrots and he said "Yeah, I told her". I then asked what the teacher had said and his response was, "She said that was imposterous.....................whatever that means". I almost lost it again. I guess that's a cross between impossible and preposterous. ;D All I know is he was one happy farmer.

Attachments

• carrot7.jpg
    carrot7.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 417

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
OH my gosh....How funny ....I have two little neighbor twins,who are three years old...their dad just told me an hour ago he is going to let them plant tonight ....I cant wait to trick them....LOL

Perfect story and pics....thanks!

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome stuff, Kids from his class will be wanting some of that special miracle cow fertilizer,lol.

Nova Treasure

T

trish76642

nova treasure said:
Awesome stuff, Kids from his class will be wanting some of that special miracle cow fertilizer,lol.

Nova Treasure

I just hope he doesnt get in a fight...i can see it now. lol...
You know he's gonna go to school and tell all his little buddies, and you know one of ems gonna call him 'fibber.'
Grandpa? If they do now..you just make sure you tell him, 'their just jelous!" :thumbsup:

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
My wife plants watermelons in our garden every year. We get melons, but the growing season is too short for them to get much bigger than 7 or 8 inches. At the end of the season, she brings a few home from the supermarket, scatters them around in the melon patch, and lets the grandkids "pick" their own watermelons.........

It's worth every bit.

Diggem'

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Trish, I printed out some pics of him planting his carrots and "harvesting" them so he could take them to school and show his teacher that he's serious. Now, if she was to tell him, again, that "That's preposterous", I feel that would be like telling him there's no Santa. Now, if some other kid wants to call him a liar and all negotiations fail, I suppose it'll have to be settled on the battlefield; another growing experience. :D
plebah, maybe the original Sultan got started that way but, I don't think it can be done nowdays. Kinda like English royalty, take away everything that has been handed down to them and they would be hard pressed to eek out a living. ;D

T

trish76642

packerbacker said:
Yeah Trish, I printed out some pics of him planting his carrots and "harvesting" them so he could take them to school and show his teacher that he's serious. Now, if she was to tell him, again, that "That's preposterous", I feel that would be like telling him there's no Santa. Now, if some other kid wants to call him a liar and all negotiations fail, I suppose it'll have to be settled on the battlefield; another growing experience. :D
plebah, maybe the original Sultan got started that way but, I don't think it can be done nowdays. Kinda like English royalty, take away everything that has been handed down to them and they would be hard pressed to eek out a living. ;D

You are the best grandpa..... :love5:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PB
Send me alot of those cow pies... I have some cash I want to plant!! Great post! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread