Spring Baby

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
My girlfriends son was walking home from school and was taking a short cut through the local park when he spotted this little darlin' laying in the grass. He ran home to get me and I grabbed the camera, we got back in time to snap a few shots. We wanted to leave the area so not to bring attention to the baby as I did'nt want others to find it and maybe touch it as if you touch a baby deer the mother will refuse to take care of it. I seen it with the mother the next morning:D

Slipperyjack47

Attachments

• fawn 1.jpg
    fawn 1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 256
  • fawn 2.jpg
    fawn 2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 250

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Precious!

:wink: RR

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure hope the coyotes don't find it. If deer are born in the springtime, why are they not better camoflaged? I think olive green with dark green spots would work nicely ;D........NGE

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
The mother will leave a fawn for up to 24 hrs.
We had this happen acrossed the road last June, called the authorities and thats what the DNR officer stated.

Thanks for the great photo.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the great pics with us and thanks for doing the right thing< How old is your girlfriends son? So many people might try and touch it, i wouldn't but oh how to watch with out drawing attention or scaring mom off.

OP
OP
Slipperyjack47

Slipperyjack47

Apr 5, 2008
Solon Springs Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Procoil and SEF coils Bounty Hunter Lone Star
nowgittineverything said:
Sure hope the coyotes don't find it. If deer are born in the springtime, why are they not better camoflaged? I think olive green with dark green spots would work nicely ;D........NGE

I've been told that when they are born they have no scent which aids them in keeping hid from predators, here they have not only the coyotes but wolves and bears!

Mental Granny said:
Thanks for sharing the great pics with us and thanks for doing the right thing< How old is your girlfriends son? So many people might try and touch it, i wouldn't but oh how to watch with out drawing attention or scaring mom off.

My Girlfriends son is 14 and was born and raised in the great outdoors so he knows enough to respect nature and look but don't touch! :D

Thanks guys

Slipperyjack47

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread