Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter (who always carries her camera even when we go fishing ;D) took this picture of a fish with a snake in its mouth! She caught the fish and my husband put it on the stringer and back in the pond while they fished somemore. When he took the fish out and started cleaning them, he found the snake in the fish's mouth--I guess it had caught the snake while it was on the stringer!?! Maybe the fish knew this was its last supper :laughing9:. Its really a freak thing--we've never caught a fish and put it on the stringer and something like that happen.
My daughter also took some pics of a beaver on the pond.
Thanks for looking!
kind regards~~sandcreek4

Attachments

• P1080617.JPG
    P1080617.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 812
  • P1080616.JPG
    P1080616.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 819
  • P1080610.JPG
    P1080610.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 819
  • P1080612.JPG
    P1080612.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 811
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
It looks like there is more than one garter ...

I bet he vomited ...

Unless you got a lake of snakes ... I have seen those guys spend an afternoon smorgash bord on those guys ...

Kinda a Not Cool Pic ...

~ Nick ~
Nick--we never thought about the fish regurgitating those snakes--that's a very LOGICAL explanation :thumbsup:! It is still FREAKY, though :tongue3:.
regards~~sandcreek4

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I caught a bucketmouth one time that had a small bird still in its mouth. These fish are known to be gluttons....NGE

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nowgittineverything said:
I caught a bucketmouth one time that had a small bird still in its mouth. These fish are known to be gluttons....NGE
He was certainly a glutton, NGE, by the looks of that wad of snakes in his mouth.
Thanks for the comments!
regards~~sandcreek4

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy Feet said:
Thats kinda gross but still pretty cool.
Yeah, it is gross, Muddy Feet, but that fishy sure did taste good! I'm glad he got rid of those snakes beforehand :tongue3:. You just never know what you're gonna see in the woods!
regards~~sandcreek4
4-H said:
Ya gotta eat...ya gotta eat!
;DFunny, 4-H--everything has to eat! We just didn't expect to see something like that.
kind regards~~sandcreek4

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep he spit them out.Looks like a good time to throw a black plastic worm with a Carolina rig and you may catch more.
TnMountains

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Yep he spit them out.Looks like a good time to throw a black plastic worm with a Carolina rig and you may catch more.
TnMountains
Yes, TnMountains, I think we need to get some black plastic worms! But these fish are hitting hard on garlic/salty worms, too. And we were using buzz bait and they really went after those. You should see how they were fighting! It was lots of fun!
Thanks for the comments!
regards~~sandcreek4

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small snakes are excellent largemouth fare. I have had a snake and a turtle eat on my stringer of blue gills before. I guess turnabout is fair play? Anyway, great picture and not gross at all to a fisherman. I agree, probably regurgitated. I've seen them spit out fish almost as big as they were. Monty

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
Small snakes are excellent largemouth fare. I have had a snake and a turtle eat on my stringer of blue gills before. I guess turnabout is fair play? Anyway, great picture and not gross at all to a fisherman. I agree, probably regurgitated. I've seen them spit out fish almost as big as they were. Monty
We always have to watch our stringer to keep the turtles off it, Monty. Here's a pic of the stringer we caught that day(12 fish between the four of us) and we threw lots of little ones back. The kids had a blast ;D! My littest girl caught three in a row and was screaming for HELP!!
Then she would bust out and dance while dad finished reeling the fish in for her;D, it was hilarious :laughing9:. We're gonna have to get her a better riggin than the barbie pole she's got, these fish tend to overload that little pole and reel!
regards~~sandcreek4

Attachments

• P1080615.JPG
    P1080615.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 640

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Those fish are perfect eating size. They look to be 1 1/2 to 3 lbs. each. Who gets to clean 'em? To avoid muddy flavor, when filleting them, cut off white belly meat. Big Mouths like to lay in the mud on the bottom of the lake..........NGE

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nowgittineverything said:
Those fish are perfect eating size. They look to be 1 1/2 to 3 lbs. each. Who gets to clean 'em? To avoid muddy flavor, when filleting them, cut off white belly meat. Big Mouths like to lay in the mud on the bottom of the lake..........NGE
NGE---my husband cleans them! He has an electric filet knife that plugs into the cigarette lighter on the truck and he cleans them right at the pond. Then we just bag up the meat and throw it in the icechest. Simple and quick! We're putting away what we've been catching lately for a fish fry on the 4th of July. Firecrackers & fish--what a combo :wink:! Thanks for the comments!
regards~~sandcreek4

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ooh, that's neat! I've never seen that before. Not gross at all, just really cool to see nature at work. Good catch!

naturegirl

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spawn00x said:
MMMMMMM, Garters for bait...
I've got to see if the sporting goods dept. at Wally World has something like those snakes! I bet those fish would really bite on that!
Thanks for the comments, spawn00x!
regards~sandcreek4
naturegirl said:
Ooh, that's neat! I've never seen that before. Not gross at all, just really cool to see nature at work. Good catch!

naturegirl
I guess it is kinda neat, but a little unexpected though. You just never know what you're gonna see in the woods( or at a pond)!!
You been doing any fishing, naturegirl?
And have you been back to the outlaw( :icon_pirat: )cave lately? I still think that's the neatest thing I've seen in a long time!
regards~~sandcreek4

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Buzzard King said:
Now that IS freaky! :o
Nice catch!
Thanks Buzzard King!
regards~~sandcreek4

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Sandcreek, that would be quite a surprise to see something like that. Nice catch in the last pic.

Thanks for sharing

Ray

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the reason plastic worms work so well is their snake like appearamce. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions