Cape May Point NJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I got a chance to spend some time in Cape May and at Cape May Point yesterday, there were storms in the area but went north of us, so we had a great late afternoon and early evening "down at the shore". Photos are all from Cape May Point at the Diamond Beach area and then at Cape May Point Park where the Lighthouse is and the major Bird Watching station.

Don

Attachments

• Atlantis_edited-1.jpg
    Atlantis_edited-1.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Beachcombing_edited-1.jpg
    Beachcombing_edited-1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 352
  • Cape May Point Lighthouse.jpg
    Cape May Point Lighthouse.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 351
  • Purple Martins.jpg
    Purple Martins.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 348
  • Solititde_edited-1.jpg
    Solititde_edited-1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Storm Clouds_edited-1.jpg
    Storm Clouds_edited-1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 347
  • Swan Family_edited-1.jpg
    Swan Family_edited-1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 333
  • WW2CoastWatchTower_edited-1.jpg
    WW2CoastWatchTower_edited-1.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 345
  • WW2Gunnery_edited-1.jpg
    WW2Gunnery_edited-1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 349
  • Atlantis_edited-1.jpg
    Atlantis_edited-1.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 358
  • Beachcombing_edited-1.jpg
    Beachcombing_edited-1.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 367
  • Cape May Point Lighthouse.jpg
    Cape May Point Lighthouse.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 354
  • Purple Martins.jpg
    Purple Martins.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 341
  • Solititde_edited-1.jpg
    Solititde_edited-1.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 348
  • Storm Clouds_edited-1.jpg
    Storm Clouds_edited-1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 347
  • Swan Family_edited-1.jpg
    Swan Family_edited-1.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 351
  • WW2CoastWatchTower_edited-1.jpg
    WW2CoastWatchTower_edited-1.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 335
  • WW2Gunnery_edited-1.jpg
    WW2Gunnery_edited-1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 343

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Don
That looks like a real nice place to visit. A nice set of pics. I like the pics of the light house. Looks a little
taller that a couple we have near here. Tha swans are always interesting to see. Last Sunday we drove past a large
marsh near here that is a wildlife refuge and saw two swans with 5 little baby ones that were only about 6 inches
lond and still fuzzy looking. We passed real close but had no camera with us.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
What a beautiful day at the beach! :icon_sunny: I love all those bird house they have set up at the watch station. Going to have to talk to the Hubby about building me a couple of those! :wink:

Is that a sunken ship out in the water?

Great beach day Don, I hope those two sitting by the water aren't as burnt as they look? :o

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for putting them on here, Don. I like this forum because I get to see regular pictures of places I'll never go. I saw the ocean once, down by Corpus Christi. You hear about things in school, and you read about them, but when you actually see them in person, it's a whole different thing. Great pics!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice photos, Don. My wife and I were discussing spending less time at our swim club, and doing more day trips this Summer. Cape May is one of our favorite destinations. I like to avoid the crowds and head down in September & October when it quiets down a bit.

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
Nice photos, Don. My wife and I were discussing spending less time at our swim club, and doing more day trips this Summer. Cape May is one of our favorite destinations. I like to avoid the crowds and head down in September & October when it quiets down a bit.

I was pleasantly surprised how empty it was in mid week for early June, so perhaps, in addition to the Sep/Oct time frame for visiting, going after Memorial Day weekend and hitting it mid week in early June, is great, we had the place to ourselves relatively speaking and the Dolphins were in abundance to watch and enjoy.

We always go down in late September/October, sometimes spend our Anniverary staying in Cape May and always go at least once during the major Hawk/Eagle migration period and enjoy a day just doing bird watching at the park.

Until my back/neck issues stopped me, I used to ride each July 4th of the weekend to Cape May and back on my road bicycle, it was always an enjoyable 100 mile round trip, but it has been several years now since I have done that trip, and probably will never do another 100 mile ride again in one day. :'(

Don

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty place, love the scenery. I believe my favorite pic is the couple just lazying around next to the water. The martin houses are really neat too.

:wink: RR

mrsjuju

May 9, 2009
Tacoma,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thank you so much for posting the pics!
I lived in Cape May back in the mid 70's, it was so nice seeing the shore again.
Thanks again.

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrsjuju said:
Thank you so much for posting the pics!
I lived in Cape May back in the mid 70's, it was so nice seeing the shore again.
Thanks again.

Well thank you, now, I lived in Washington State mid 1967 to 1969, in SW Tacoma (between McChord and I-5) and miss seeing the area, so how about some photos of sites from there? :)

We got married on the Air Base and left in 1969 and have yet gotten back for a visit to a place dear to our hearts...

Don

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
Nice pics. The family and I go to Diamond Beach a few times per year. We'll stay at a hotel in Wildwood Crest and spend a day at the Point doing some fishing and just hanging out.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Cape may,I've been up there on fishing boats nice place but partyed so hard when we came in Whoooooooooo........You might know of some of them from there the Peabody fleet of boats.Have not been up there in many years now probably has changed alot.
Nice pics. brings back memories of the wild days!
Timekiller!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread