Snow in June???

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
Mvc-660s.jpg
Mvc-664s.jpg
Mvc-662s.jpg
Mvc-653s.jpg

It's June 6th here in southern North Dakota, spring is starting to turn into summer. Most of the crops have been planted, have sprouted and are well established. The garden is (was) looking great. The lawn has been mowed several times. Rhubarb has already been harvested for delicious rhubarb crisp and sauce. The lilacs, wild plum trees and other early flowers are in full bloom. The pheasant chicks, goose goslings, and baby ducks are awkwardly stumbling or swimming behind the mother birds.

And then global warming rears it's fearsome head and scorches the earth. That's right folks, it snowed here again. 9th straight month it has snowed here. It's 12:00 noon, 33 degrees out, and not forcast to get warmer all day. Normally it would be in the 70's or 80's. I am not sure how wide spread this cold snap is but it could possibly decimate local crops and gardens. It also could decimate the newborn wildlife, hypothermia will surely claim many baby birds. Normally on this weekend I would be splashing on the sunscreen and heading out to the lake to troll for walleye and pike. Now I am wondering if I may have stored the snowmobile a bit too soon. Does anyone want to talk about global warming?

Attachments

• Mvc-660s.jpg
    Mvc-660s.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 244
  • Mvc-664s.jpg
    Mvc-664s.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 232
  • Mvc-662s.jpg
    Mvc-662s.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 238
  • Mvc-653s.jpg
    Mvc-653s.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 241

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can snow here on any day up above 9,000 ft., bud. I wonder about that global warming. We now have the pine beetles who have destroyed a million acres of pines here in Colorado. In the past, it got cold enough in the winter to kill them. And of course, God forbid that a wild fire should break out, as we'll put that out right away. However, with all the dead pines, we will one day have a wildfire beyond belief here in Colorado. That might be a good thing.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cooler than normal too! This year big events around town and 1st time in a long time NO rain but this nice breeze and decent temps are leaving and we will be hit full force with summer! :icon_sunny:

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
We set a new all-time record (lowest) high temp for 6/6 ever recorded here today....................

Diggem'

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Snowed most the day here too... and I'm not near the mountains. Nothing stuck though... my lawn is gonna love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread